Chapter Seventeen

I woke up in the middle of the night, my face was wet from sweat, and I was sitting with my knee's pulled to my chest. I started to sniff, and I cupped my mouth, so the sounds of me crying wouldn't wake up Sam.

One loud cry escaped from my lips, I turned towards Sam as he switched sides. I tried to stop, but the cries kept escaping, I looked over towards my phone to check the time. 2 am. I scrolled through the notifications throughout my lock screen, displaying missed calls and unread text messages from Jack.

"Layla..?" Sam whispered, I quickly whipped away tears and locked my phone. He sat up and looked over at me whispering my name again. "Please tell me your face is wet because you're sweating."

I took a moment, I couldn't speak, I was still hurt, a lot. I started shaking my head back and forth a couple times until tears started pouring from my eyes and Sam arms were around my body, and my head was in the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry Sam, I can't do this, I-I-I."

"Layla, look at me." He whispered, I did, he whipped away my tears. I focused on the face that made me feel like everything was okay. We continued starring until I stopped crying. He started to lean in, and he looked down at my lips. His thumb traced my bottom lip, and his other hand touched my bare skin on my back.

His lips touched mine, I closed my eyes and placed my hands on his cheeks. Our lips move in sync, I wasn't sure of why I was kissing him, but it was calming me down. He pulled away and I opened my eyes. "Look, now you're okay." He smirked with his hand on my cheek.

"I'm going to hurt you, Sam."

"No you won't." I bit my lip and leaned in to kiss him again.

~

8:20 a.m, Jack's POV.

I walked up to my group of friends, noticing only Jack, Alexis, Bella, and Matt. They all glared over at me. Where is Layla? And Sam? "Jack, baby." I heard from Ashley, then I felt her arms wrap around my torso.

"If you too think you could honestly come over here like nothing ever happened, then I want you too both to leave this area." Johnson shouted. i looked over to him and laughed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Jack, don't be a dumbass, we all know you cheated on Layla with this whore." Bella said, pointing towards Ashley, Ashley huffed as if she was hurt, "Please leave, we don't want you over here."

I stood still for a second and looked at Johnson like he was stupid, "Really, Jack?" I paused, "After being friends kindergarten, you're going to listen to all these people?"

"All these people just so happen to be friends with Layla, and they all know how hurt she is because she opened up to you." Jack continued.

"Awh, boo hoo. The bitch got hurt, so what?" Ashley said, then Alexis punched her on the cheek. Ashley landed on the ground, everyone gasped, and Alexis got on one knee next to her.

"Look here Ashley, I want you to shut the fuck up. We are all friends of Layla, and I'm not going to listen to your slutty ass come over here, throwing your arms around Jack, and say 'The bitch got hurt.' Well, you know what I hoped the hurt you." Alexis stood back up and whipped off her knee. Ashley stood up holding her face, "Awh, boo hoo. The slut got hurt."

The bell rang and everyone walked off laughing, Johnson's stopped with his arm around Alexis, "Sit with your bitch today, and the rest of the week, until we say it's okay." They walked off, "Hope she doesn't cheat on you!" He screamed and Alexis busted into a fit of laughter.

~

12:30 p.m, Layla's POV

I woke up and looked at my phone, noticing the time. I shot up and looked over at Sam, who was still asleep, "Sam!"

"What?!" He jumped up.

"It's almost one in the afternoon, my alarms didn't go-" He cut my off by kissing me. For a short second, then he pulled away.

"I wasn't letting you go to school today." He said, and kissed me again. He had my face, and pulled me down, and I laid on top of him, he trailed his lips to my jaw line, and down my neck.

I laid my head back into the pillow, while he kissed down my chest, and over my open breast. He left a mark on my boob and looked back at me. "I'm going to stop." He said sitting up. I looked down at my boob and traced my thumb across the mark, and smiled.

"I rather have it from you then anything else from Jack." I smiled. He kissed my forehead, and told me to get up, time to go cook. He jumped off the bed and I laid back down, "I don't wanna." I said lazily.

He got on the floor and pulled my legs towards him, throwing me over his shoulders. "Sam!" I laughed as he started walking out of the room, "Sam, put me down." I giggled as we walked down the stairs, and into the kitchen. He sat me on the counter top and hovered over me.

"What to eat?" He smiled.

"Mhm." I tapped my chin, "Pancakes!" I smiled. He chuckled, showing off his dimples. He was so cute, and amazing.

"Pancakes it is." He smiled, and turned around.

While we were making the pancakes, Sam fell over something and flour went every where, mainly on him. I tried not to laugh as hard as I was. He glared at me, and said "You think this is funny?"

I nodded, still laughing my ass off. He put his hands through his hair and tossed flour on me. I laughed more, and pulled him into a hug. We both laughed at how we looked. He kissed me and pulled me off the ground and spun around.

He sat me down on the counter and looked at me in the eyes and told me something I never would have thought I'd ever hear, "There's something so addictive about you, that Gilinsky fucking lost, and I am so fucking lucky I have it now."

~

3:30 p.m

"You punched her?" I asked Alexis as all us sat in a booth at a fast food restaurant, which Bella and Sam convinced me to get out and go.

"Yea, she wouldn't shut up" She took a sip of her Sprite, and leaned in the chair.

"I think everyone was surprised that she did that, it was amazing." Bella laughed.

"Well, thanks. You guys, I'm happy to have y'all as friends." I said and curled under Sam arm.

"Okay, you two. Spill it." Johnson laughed, clearly talking to Sam and me.

"I went straight to Sam's house after Jack and I's fight, I sated at his house, then in the middle of the night I felt broken and sad, I was trying not to wake him, but when I did we kissed. After that, we kissed a lot more, and I have a hickey on the top of my boob."

"Did y'all have sex?" Bella whispered across the table, Sam and I both laughed and said no.

"Jack-ass alert." Johnson said, taking his straw into his mouth. Just then Jack and Ashley walked in the building and walked past us. He had his arm around Ashley's shoulders, and he stopped and looked at me. I felt Sam tense up as he pulled me close as possible to his side.

"Wow." Jack started, "Isn't funny, that some random girl, like Layla, could break five great friends apart?" He chuckled, "And look, the hoe already is with Sam, but I'm the bad guy, right?"

"Jack, leave." I muttered.

"Excuse me?" He crossed his arms, "No, Layla. You leave, this isn't some fairy tale, or some fiction story, the girl doesn't win the guy's friends over." He raised his voice and I stood up.

"Fine, if you want your friends, let them choose who they come to." I crossed my arms, "But before you call someone a hoe, make sure you know the one that cheated." I walked out of the place and started walking on the sidewalk.

"Layla!" I knew it was Sam, so I stopped and ran to him. I quickly wrapped my arms around him, and he held on to me. I felt the tears build up in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. "Come on, don't let him do this to you, you know you're better than that. Let's go back in, get everyone and get you home."

With that, we walked back into the building. Jack was at another table with Ashley, "Okay, let's get out of here." Sam said, but I had another idea. I grabbed my smoothie and walked over to Jack. Cliche moment. I poured it on his head and threw the cup at Ashley.