Chapter Seven

That night ended some what fast. It was probably the best night I've had in forever. Seeing other people smile and laugh made everything feel right, I felt like I actually fit in, like I'm not the new girl to the state.

"Come here, I want to show you something." Jack smile and pulled me off the couch. We walked through the house, into this dark room, he turned on the lights and there was a beautiful piano, sitting by it's self. "I haven't played in forever."

"Play me something." I whispered. He gave a smile and looked at me. He walked over to the piano and sat down, I leaned against the top and waited for him to start.

"I know a song, but SoMo's version." He smiled and placed his fingers to the keys. It take to long for me to realize the song, and I was surprised, only because it was my favorite song. "Let Me Love You."

I started humming to the medley, and started singing along with it. Jack's face was super surprised, I tried not to laugh, "You should let me love you, let me be the one too.."

When he finished playing, I was sitting next to him, with my head on his shoulder. I knew I wasn't supposed to fall for anyone so fast, I didn't want to be hurt again, like I was back in Memphis.

"Your voice, is amazing." Jack whispered. I smiled into his shoulder, he was amazing tonight, I could see how he felt about different friends. He wasn't who I though he was.

Jack's POV//

After we walked back to my room, she laid in my bed and curled into a ball. She looked so perfect even sleepy, and almost sober. "Jack?"

"Yeah?" She sounded like she was going to cry.

"Will you stay, with me tonight?" She sniffed, I walked over to her and a tear slid down from her cheek. I quickly whipped it away with my thumb.

"Of course." I jumped over her and laid beside her, she turned around and faced me. She laced her finger with mine. "Why were you crying?"

"I was thinking of something, and it just broke me." She said as she curled up next me.

"You can tell me, if you want." I offered.

"You told me not to fall in love with you, which will be easy, not because of you, because of me. I'm hard to love, but I want to be loved. I'm tired of friends with benefits, I have plenty of them."

"You will be loved by someone, just we don't know who. Everything will be fine." I kissed her forehead. She told me goodnight and turned he other way. I turned the other way and I couldn't stop think about how she told me not to fall in love with her when it was so easy to fall in her trap.

The next morning, Layla wasn't in bed. I set up and looked around the room, I knew she was still here, because her bag was still on the floor.

I got out of bed and went to brush my teeth, I took off my shirt because it smelled like beer. I walked down stairs to find Layla, and I heard the piano playing. I smiled and walked to the room and saw her with her eyes closed as she played through a song.

She finished the song and looked up at me, "Did I wake you up?" I shook my head no, and told her what she played was pretty. She blushed, and smiled.

"I'm hungry, McDonald's?" I smirked, she smiled and went to get something from the room.

She came back down with her purse and her hair in a messy bun. She looked so chill, with shorts on, my gray shirt, knee high socks, and some house shoes on. She still looks good.

"Ready?" She asked walking towards the door. I followed her out to the car and we got in.

Once we go to McDonald's, we went through the drive thru and we sat in the parking lot and ate the food. It was fun being with one friend, just talking about literally nothing.