Chapter Ten

The next morning I woke up to a text message from Jack.

jack; I'm picking you up for school.

I locked my phone and slowly climbed out of bed and walked to my bathroom. I starred at myself, once again to know how to dress myself. Then, I realized that today was Jacks first game, and he asked me to wear his shirt.

I walked to the shower and turned on the water, while it was getting warm I grabbed a towel, and then got my outfit together. Which was his jersey, high waisted shorts and some white converse to match the number color.

I got in the shower and washed my body and hair. I also shaved the annoying stubble from everywhere needed. I got out and wrapped my towel around my body. I walked over to my phone and started listening to 8tracks.

I started drying my hair and I decided to to straighten it. After it was blew dried, I turned on my straightener, and started on getting dressed. I tucked in the jersey and pulled it out just a little so it didn't look so tight on me, and I put on my shoes.

Once my hair was straight, I started on my natural makeup. That took ten minutes to perfect, and then a knock came to my door. I walked towards my door and opened it, it was Jack.

"Hello."

"Good morning." He smiled and looked down at my outfit. "You even look good in a jersey."

"Thanks." I smiled and walked back to my bathroom, "Did you say hi to dad?"

"Yeah, your mom answered the door though."

Whoa, I didn't even think the witch would be up this early. "Was that awkward?" I asked walking back into the room to grab my backpack.

"Very." He chuckled. "Are you staying for the game?"

"Yeah, I think my dad is coming too."

"That's awesome, your dad is so chill." He said jumping up and walking to my bathroom, "Come here." I walked to the bathroom and he pulled out his phone and told my to turn around so it could be a picture of his jersey.

"Okay, we gotta go if we want to catch up with everyone." I said turning off my lights and grabbing my purse.

We walked out of my room and downstairs. My mom was on the couch watching tv, and my dad in the kitchen dressed in his suit and tie. "Well don't you look good, daddy."

"Good morning, princess. I have a meeting during work, so I get off early and I'll be at the game." My dad smiled, over towards Jack and I.

"Okay, well were off to school. See you later daddy. Bye, love you." I said walking towards the door.

"Have a nice day, sir." Jack waved, "You to ma'am." He shut the door and we walked over towards his car. I slid in the passenger side and buckled up while he did the same.

"You didn't have to say anything to my mom." I scuffed.

"Just being nice." He said with a fake, big smile. He pulled out of the driveway and headed towards school.

Once we got to school we parked and walked over to the group of friends. "Good morning." I said.

"I love how you dressed with the jersey. It's v cute." Bella said. The hell is V? Very?

"Bella, stop trying to make V happen, say fricking very or I'll smack you." Alexis said.

"Okay, damn."

We all laughed, then Ashley walked over towards us. I crossed my arms and looked at her shirt. "Jack, do you like the shirt I made?" She did the model turn and she made a shirt basically how a real jersey looks like.

"Sure." Jack literally gave no effort into looking at her outfit, instead he looked down at his phone.

"I think it looks better then someones." Ashley giggled.

"You throwing shade?" I asked. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Was I talking to you?"

"I'm the only around you that is basically wearing the same thing as you, except mine is ten times better than yours because I didn't have to buy it, nor ruin a shirt." I laughed, "Why wear fake shit when you can have the real shit?"

"It's not even the real thing?" She said. Really, she thinks my jersey is fake. Wow.

"Yeah, it is." Jack said. "I gave it to her last night."

"Wow, Jack what a typical thing to do." Ashley said. She was really starting to piss me off so much. "Remember when I wore your jersey on your first game junior year, then you fucked me after the game. Sophomore year it was Kelly, then you fucked her. Lastly, freshmen year it was Becky, and guess what you fucked her." Ashley continued. "So, Layla that means, you're probably getting fucked tonight." She smiled and the bell rang. I literally took off into the building, towards my locker.

"Layla!" I heard Jack scream my name. I just continued to my locker, and everyone was gonna be there soon, and I didn't want to talk to anyone. Since Sam's locker was next to me, I wanting to get my stuff and go to class.

I got to my locker and put in my combination. I grabbed my books and started stuffing them into my backpack. Jack walked up to me and stood beside me, out of breathe. "Layla, talk to me."

"I have nothing to say to you." I closed my locker and started walking away. He walked with me, and tried talking to me.

"Yes, Layla. I've giving my jersey to other girls in the past, yes I've had sex with them, but then again was dating them and it all just kind of happened." I started to walk faster, Jack grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, "Dammit, Layla stop being so difficult."

"Jack, I'm literally in the same position has three other girls. I feel so special." I laughed, well a fake one.

"Layla, this was all last year and the past."

"Remember when I told you, I know how you are, being a fuck-and-go, this is why I think that even-" He pushed his lips into mine. He kept his hand on the back on of my head so I wouldn't pull away. This is the first time his kissed me in front of other people, and I know the group is looking at us, since we were only two classrooms from Sam and my locker.

He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes, "Layla, you're so different from other girls, and I know you get told that a lot, and if you don't you're going to hear more about it. You're someone I can't have but I won't lose."

Why can't you have me? And us have more of these moments we've had in the past week? Is there a reason other than the fact we've only known each other for two weeks, that you haven't became mine?

"Okay, Jack." I said moving away from him. "I'm going to class." I wasn't so mad at him, I was mad at Ashley mostly, but she was the least of my problems. I was ready to talk to Jack about us, and figuring out what we were.

I got in class and Jack J sat down. "Well, that was something." He laughed.

"You're telling me." I chuckled, "Boys will be boys, and jealous ex hoes will be jealous ex hoes." I laughed at my own statement and Sam as busting out in laughter.

The tardy bell rang and the announcements came on. "Good morning, Westside. Please raise for the pledge of Allegiance." We all stood and listened to same thing we've all heard since kindergarden. "Please be seated, today is the first Baseball game of the season. Let's wish luck to the whole team including our seniors, Jack Gilinsky, Sam Wilkinson, and Jack Johnson for their last high school season. Good luck you guys! The last announcement is, lets get ready to dance, next Friday is the fall ball, boys drop your nerves and ask that special someone out of a nice date under the stars. Have a great day Westside." The announcements ended and I was excited.

A dance always sounded fun to go too, like my last high school never had dances and it sucked. I always wanted to get dressed up and my hair done really pretty, and my nails. Maybe I will go with Bella and Alexis to have fun, or probably stay home. Or what if Jack ask me?