Chapter Two

After a hour with Jack, I was finally in my classes. Well I was on my way to my first class of the day and it's like third period. I stopped at room 209 and knocked on the door of Mr. Matthews. The door slowly came open with a cheerleader standing by it. "Can I help you?"

I walked over towards the light skinned teacher and handed him my paper, "I'm Layla Smith and I'm new to your class."

He gave a warm smile and welcomed me, "I've heard a lot about you, Layla. Glad to have you in my third period. We don't really have assigned seats until you piss me off, but I'm gonna ask if you have a seat next to Bella, Bella rise your hand."

I turned around and saw a dirty blonde girl with her hand half way in the air. I quickly walked back to my seat and sat next to the Bella girl. She turned around and asked where did I come from, "Tennessee." I leaned back into my seat and tried to get her to turn around.

"What part?"

"Memphis, anything else?" I copped an attitude, and she turned around.

Since I wasn't sure of what we were doing, I looked down at my list of classes. I had gym next, fun. "Layla?"

I looked up at the teacher, "Yes sir?"

"I know you'd probably hate doing this, but come on up and tell the class about yourself, we only have ten minutes let anyways." Mr. Matthews said.

I rolled my eyes, but gave a smile as I pushed myself up from the seat and walked to the front of the class. Everyone was looking at me.

"Well I'm Layla, I moved here over the weekend from Memphis Tennessee with my dad and mom, I play soccer and volleyball. I'm turning 17 in three months, and I'm an only child." I said trying to sound more excited then I actually was.

"Okay, thanks Layla. You can take a seat now." I started walking back to my seat, "Okay, rest of the class is yours." I played with my fingers then the Bella girl turned around again.

"What's your next class?"

"Gym."

"Me too, did it sat Varsity gym or PE gym?"

"Varsity."

"You take my next class. I'm guessing Jack Gilinsky helped you out?" She didn't seem to surprised when I nodded my head yes, "Well, let's just be careful with him, that's his ex girl right there."

It was the cheerleader who opened the door for me. "Cool."

"Okay, I know it's your first day at school, but you don't have to be a bitch." Bella said and stood up with her backpack because the bell rang. She walked away. I did the same thing, grabbed my stuff and walked towards the gym.

I walked through the halls filled with couples making out, kids screaming, jocks high fiving, etc. I went down the stairs and found my way to the gym. I walked through the double doors and found myself walking into Jack. Surprise, surprise.

I didn't speak I just walked to the coach. "Hello, new face, you must be Layla Smith?"

"Yes sir, that's me." I always found myself getting used to coach's and teachers, and adults before I did to any other teenagers.

"Well, welcome to Coach Jones gym class, I'm Coach Jones. Where are you from?" He asked. I answered the same question with the same answer, "Wow, Memphis, that's pretty far, do you play any sports?"

I nodded, "Soccer and volleyball."

"That's amazing, and you're just in luck, we're actually playing volleyball this week." He said, I smiled. "Jack G, Bella.. come here please."

Wow.

"Yes sir?" Bella asked, then Jack ran up and said the same thing.

"Bella go to my office and get the locker book, and Jack take Layla to the clothing room to get shorts, a shirt, and some elbow and knee pads." Coach Jones said as Amber walked towards the office, I guess, then Jack started walking away.

The bell ran and girls and boys started walking the opposite way of Jack and I, probably to get dressed. "What size are you in shirts, and spandex?" Jack asked as we walked into a room filled with boxes.

"Both mediums." I replied. He started digging for a shirt and shorts and told me too look for knee pads.

"Here, the dressing rooms are on the other side from here." He started walking out but then he stopped, "Oh yeah, I'm gonna kick your ass in volleyball." He smirked and walked out.

We'll just see about that.

I grabbed everything and walked to the coach, he handed me a piece of paper with a locker number and combination, and told me to go get changed.

I stepped out of the dressing room and walked to the mirror, I put my hair into a ponytail, and usually my hair goes to my waist line, so it came to my mid back.

I walked away from the mirror and walk to find my locker, I found it, opened it, put my things in it, closed it and walked away, back to the class.

When I walked out every pair of boys eyes were on me. I turn on my side and asked coach what next. "Jack, and Sam pick your teams."

"I call the new girl!" The opposite boy from Jack said.

After calling the teams, Bella and a mixed girl with long brown hair were on my team. Bella and the other girl walked over to me, and Bella said, "Sorry for calling you a bitch."

"Damn Bella, the girl just came from Memphis and you already called her a bitch?" The mixed girl gave Bella a weird facial expression, "I'm Alexis, and I've heard of you. You served the winning ball for your state championship."

"Yeah, I did, how'd you know that?" I was surprised she knew that.

"I play volleyball here, and our coach always talks about Tennessee, she grew up there, in Memphis but she went to Bartlett High, not Cordova." Alexis explained. I was kinda glad someone knew about me.

"Oh, you played in State Championships for Cordova soccer, didn't you?" Bella asked. I nodded. "I love soccer and I always know the schools who win state."

"That's cool, and sorry for coming out bitchy last period, I was never a people person." I apologized to Bella. She nodded and told me not to worry about it.

Our team captain came over and introduced himself to me, his name was Sam, he's a friend of Jacks, he's a senior also, and he plays boys volleyball.

"Nice to meet you, Sam." He smiled and told us our positions.

Only a couple minutes later, my team had 12 points and Jacks had 5. Every time I spiked a ball, a girl on Jacks team backed up. Jack started to feel bad, its was funny.

The whistle blew, and the game ended with 15 to 5. I smiled and high fived Sam, Bella and Alexis. Sam walked away, and Jack walked up to the net and held on to it. "Beat my ass, huh?" I smirked and walked away with Bella and Alexis.

We went to the locker room and Jack's ex girlfriend was in there, I never noticed her in there, she probably skipped. Oh well, I don't care. "Hey new girl!" I know she didn't just scream at me. So I ignored her and went to my locker. "Bitch, I know you heard me!"

I turned around and looked at her, "I did, but if you really want to get my attention, find out my name." I closed my locker and the room 'OOO'ed at the cheerleader.

"Excuse me? You must not know who I am, and also leave my boyfriend Jack alone." She snapped back. As for me I stayed calm but I did respond.

"Yeah, aren't you the slutty cheerleader who cheated on your "boyfriend" who you dumped last night?" I replied, and left her speechless, she stomped out of the locker room, and I went and got dressed.