Chapter Nineteen

That night we went to a nice dinner, we all sat in a row of tables, across from each other. After dinner we walked downtown in the red lights, kind of like Christmas lights, strung through the tree's.

Skipping a couple months, the ending of the soccer session, April. This was the last game of the session, I was super excited. Nervous more, than excited.

I was currently in the car with Sam, in the fields parking lot. He was on the phone with Johnson, trying to whisper something, but he kept looking at me, he told Johnson bye and ended the phone call, "You nervous babe?"

"Kinda." I shrugged and looked out the window, we were the only people here since we were early. He continued to look at me, and I smiled. "What?"

"Come here." He opened his arms, and I slid over to him and sat In his lap. He wrapped his arms around my body, and dragged his hand, softly, across my arm and I laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm so proud of you, Layla."

I chuckled, "Okay, dad."

"No, no, I really am. I mean this is championships, baby. Plus you're a senior, and it's your last high school game. How do you feel about that?" He got so serious.

"I feel amazing." I smiled.

"I love you, Layla." He started to lean in, before we kissed I whispered I loved him too, then we kissed for a second, before someone knocked on the window.

"Game time!" Johnson screamed from outside. "Lets go!"

A hour and a half later -

I stood on the field holding the trophy labeling Westside High Lady soccer, 2015 Championship. Surrounded by my last high school team, we smiled for the camera man, after the flash the team went crazy.

I walked off the field holding the trophy, Sam was standing off on the side line and he opened his arms wide has I started running to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he spun me around telling me how happy he was for me.

He sat me down and a tall guy wearing sun glasses, a red cap, a tight short sleeve gray shirt an khakis walked up and said my name, "Layla Smith, I'm Jerrod Roth. The girls soccer coach University of Alabama, and let me say, I've seen how you play, I've watch a lot of your video's, and I love how dedicated you are to this sport." He gained a nice, clean smile and straightened his position, "UofA only gives out eleven to fifteen scholarships, and we'd love to give one to you, a full ride, and a chance to play forward along with Lacey Clarida, and Pia Rijsdjk on the starting line of next season?""

Was the really happening? This is my dream college asking me to play for them. A full ride. I couldn't breathe.

"I.. this, this is actually happening." I stepped back and placed my hands on my head, "I would love too, it would be a honor." He smiled and stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm glad you agreed. Now, I'm going to have a guy drop of plan tickets tomorrow morning for you to come down to Alabama with your dad, or someone to tour the school, meet the team and get you enrolled." He smiled.

"Yes, okay. Thank you so much, Mr. Roth." I smiled.

"You're welcome, Miss Smith, please call me Coach." He smiled and walked away. I turned to Sam with tears in my eye's.

"Sam!" I cried.

"Baby, I'm so happy for you." He pulled me into a hug. Bella, Matthew, Alexis and Johnson ran up and hugged me. We grouped hugged and I was still in tears, for excitement of course. "Okay, I need a picture with my Champion." Everyone pulled away, and Sam handed Bella his phone.

Sam pulled me close to his body, I pressed my hand to his chest. He held the trophy above our heads, has he kissed me. I couldn't be happier than to have him next to me after everything that happened today.

In the car, we sat in the parking lot surrounded by the group. "Let's have a party." Johnson says.

"It's a Thursday." I chuckled.

"You actually thought any of us were going to allow you to go to school tomorrow?" Sam said.

"I mean, yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

"Layla, you just won your last high school championship, plus you got a scholarship to UofA, you're not going to school." Bella laughed. I sat there in silence thinking on if they're right or not, then I shrugged my shoulders.

"Party at Sams!" They screamed. I laughed. "Everyone post something about it, and meet at my house in an hour." Sam said. Everyone nodded and walked to their cars. Sam started his and we started off towards my house.

I went to instagram and saw already four posted about Sam's party, or my party at Sam's house, and stopped when I saw his post of us. His caption, "She won championship's, but who really won? I say me because I have her." I looked over at him has he sang the song playing on the radio.

"I love you, Sam." I smiled, he looked at me then back at the road with a smile.

"I love you too, Layla."

We got to my house and we walked into the house. My dad still wasn't home from cleaning up after the game, or talking to Mr. Roth, I ran to my room with my trophy, having Sam follow me. "I need to take a shower." I said.

"Okay, I'll just sit out here." He laid on my bed and I walked over to him, and kissed his cheek then walked to the bathroom. I turned on the shower, undressed, grabbed a towel, and started to bathe.

A couple minutes later, I was out sitting with a towel wrapped around my body and one round my hair in front of my mirror. "Babe, can I come in?"

"Yeah." I replied. Sam walked in and sat on the counter top next to me. "Okay, I need to dry my hair, do my makeup and get dressed, then I should be done." I stood up, clinching onto the towel and walked into my closet. "I want to wear a dress, and heels."

"Okay, wear a dress and heels." Sam said. He was looking down at his phone with a smirk. I felt my heart kind of sink into my stomach. Every since Jack, that always worried me. I know I shouldn't worry about that because I know Sam loves me, but then again that's what I thought with Jack.

I huffed and looked through my many dresses, and laid my eyes on this black dress with the back cut out. I grabbed it and grabbed a thong, and got dressed. I let my damp hair fall down my back and I grabbed a pair of black heels.

I walked back into the bathroom part, dried and curled my hair. Next, I started on some makeup, not to much, but enough to say 'Party', which involved red lipstick. Lastly, I slid on my heels and whipped away access makeup, and finished everything off with pearl earrings.

"I done." I said, and I walked out of the bathroom leaving Sam.

"You look amazing." He said.

"Thanks."

He looked confused, I mean I can see why, but oh well, "Why are you being short?"

"I'm not."

"You just were, Layla, is everything okay?" He seemed concerned, he was so sweet with everything, but I didn't want to just flat out say..

"Sorry, I just had a feeling you were talking to another girl." Damnit.

"Layla." He walked closer to me, and wrapped his arms around my lower waist, "You are the only girl I talk to, yes I have girl friends, but they will never take your place, baby. I love you with every inch of my body. If you're worried about why I kept smiling at my phone, it's only because we have a surprise for you."