Chapter Five

We got to his house, and we walked into his room. I sat on his bed and pulled out my homework. "Why are you doing homework?"

"Because it's what I do?" I rolled my eyes and started looking at the piece of paper.

"What's your problem?" He asked, I just stared at him. "First you walked out of the library because I wasn't serious about helping you. You roll your eyes every time I talk to you, and finally today when you need help to the office, you told me to leave?"

I grabbed my headphones and phone, and started listening to music. I looked at Jack as he threw his hands in the air and walked out of the room. I started my homework and listened to Hoodie Allen.

After a hour of homework, Jack was playing video games, and I was texting back my dad. He asked my if I was home, of course I told him I wasn't, he asked where I was, I told him Amber's and he told my to send the address for when he gets off work to come get me, in three hours.

Jack's door came open, it was a lady. "Jack, how was school?" She asked, I don't think she even noticed me. Until she looked at me. "Who is this?" She asked.

"Oh mom..." Jack said, I got off his bed and walked over to her.

"Hi, I'm Layla Smith." I stuck my hand out, she accepted.

"Are you Jack's new girlfriend?" She smirked. I laughed, and shook my hand no.

"She just moved in from Memphis, Tennessee." Jack said for me.

"And you already have her in your bed?" She laughed, and so did I, as for Jack, he looked embarrassed. It was funny. "I'm kidding, I'll be downstairs if you guys need me, I'll be starting dinner soon."

"Set an extra plate, mama." Jack said. She said okay and shut the door. "Wow."

"What?" He looked surprised I actually talked, first.

"Why are you like this? Why do you look at me like I'm such a horrible person?"

For some reason, I wanted to tell him why I didn't like him so much, so I did. "Jack, you and I just alike, all you want is sex, you don't care about people's feelings except your friends, that's why when you told me when Ashley broke up with you, it looked like you give one fuck. You're a Fuck-and-Go." He looked speechless, "That's why I don't like talking to you, it's not you, I just know how you are. The girl will talk to you, y'all will have sex and you won't care how anything turns out."

"So, you think I'm a man whore?"

"Yes, exactly." He shrugged his shoulders and walked back to his video game.

"If that's how you really see me, cool."

"Jack..."

"Nope, save it. Remember all I want is sex." He snapped and played his video game. I just walked out, down to the kitchen. I found his mom standing over a counter top, reading what looked like a cook book.

"Hey, Mrs. Gilinsky, is there anything I could help you with?" She turned around and smiled.

"If you want, later you can set the table with Jack?" I nodded and walked off back to Jacks room. He wasn't playing video games, he was on his bed with books and papers.

"Homework?"

"I want sex."

"Jack, stop being a little bitch and shut up."

"No, Layla you've known me for two days and you got the whole message wrong." He stood up and walked closer to me.

"I was telling you what I see. I see how you act, and it's just like me." I stated.

"So does that make you a whore?"

"It kinda does." I screamed. I know I messed up in the past, and I regret almost everything, but when a guy calls me a whore or hoe, it's all true.

"Layla.." He fixed his tone of voice and walked over to me. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

"No, Jack. It's all true, I am all that, not that I wanted to do that but... ugh I feel so stupid, this is why I don't mess with guys, I rather just stay single and do what I do best." He hugged me, tightly, so wouldn't push him away. Except I didn't push him away, I pulled him closer. We were both surprised about that.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, "Can we not hate each other anymore?"

I nodded and smiled. "Do you need help with homework?"

"Yes, I really do." He laughed and we walked to his bed.

Two hours later, Jack's dad was home and Jack and I were taking the plates off the table, after dinner. Jack and his dad looked so much alike it wasn't funny. "Layla, thanks for staying for dinner." His dad said.

"Thanks for letting me stay." I said putting the plates into the sink. There was a knock at the, and Jack walked off towards it.

"Is Layla Smith here?" I heard a manly voice said faded away.

"Hey, Layla!" Jack screamed. I walked towards the door, and it was my dad.

"I'll be in the car." He seemed mad, so he walked off. I walked up to Jack's room to get my stuff. Jack followed me up and grabbed my phone.

"Hey?"

"I'm giving you my number, I'm having a party this weekend and of course you're invited. Don't tell anyone, it's a secret for right now." I chuckled and got my phone back when he handed it to me.

"I'll be here." I gave him a one arm hug and walked out towards the stairs. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Gilinsky have a great night."

"Bye, Layla! Come back soon." They said as I walked out to the car. I threw my stuff in the back seat and got up front.

"You said it was a girl." He stated pulling away from the house.

"I know, but mom was late, and it started to rain, and I know it's your first week at your new job position and I didn't want you to freak out and try to leave." I explained. "Plus, we weren't there alone except thirty minutes and I did my homework while he played video game."

"Okay, next time just tell me were you're going. I don't need to worry about you when I'm at work." I nodded and looked back at road, "I want to meet him, like invite him over one day and yeah."

"Why?"

"Because, I need to meet the boy whom I might pay to take you home from now on." I huffed and leaned into my seat.

"Um, my friend invited me to stay at her house this weekend, and go on like a tour around town. Could I go?"

"I'll think about it." He said as we pulled into the driveway. "I'm gonna have a talk with your mom, just go to your room and get ready for bed."

I walked in the house and saw my shitty mom sitting on the couch, "Thanks for the ride." I said with an attitude and walked to my room.

I sat on my bed and decided to take a shower, I got up and did just that. I took a shower, washed my face, brushed my teeth, blew dried my hair, and got into some PJ's.

I walked back to my bed and looked at my phone, I had a text message from someone.

I text them first?

It was Jack. He sent himself; 'Hey, sexy beast.'

I rolled my eyes and text him saying I was going to use Bella as the house that I'm staying at to go to the party.

I put my phone on the charger, and I slid into my covers. I closed my eyes and let my imagination run wild.