Chapter Nine

My dad was on his way to pick Jack and I up for dinner. I was in the bathroom getting dressed, I brought clothes and makeup, and curling iron all to school to look good.

Jack was finally dressed, and I was staring at myself in the mirror, figuring how I wanted to look. With only twenty minutes to get ready, I started by washing off my old makeup.

I threw my hair in a messy bun and put on a headband to remove the smaller hairs from getting wet. I cupped my hands and rinsed my face, then I grabbed Jack's face wash and applied it to my face.

Soon I was whipping off any access makeup before I got dressed. My hair was loosely curled, and in a ponytail for the moment. I walked to my backpack and grabbed my outfit for the night.

I grabbed all my stuff and walked out of the bathroom, I sat my bag in a chair Jack had in the corner of his room, then I laid on his bed while he played video games on the floor in front of his tv. "Do you really want to go to dinner with me?" I had to ask. I didn't want him thinking I was making him.

"Is that a real question?" He turned back and looked at me, I nodded. He stood up and tossed his body to the bed, on his stomach. "Of course I want to go to dinner with you and your father. I have to make a good impression, right? I mean the first time we met I was supposed to be a girl, he wasn't to happy about that." Jack laughed at his own statement, and I couldn't help but show a toothless smile.

He pulled my legs to him as he sat up straight, looking into his brown chocolate eyes, I smiled. "What?" I asked.

He shook his head and continued to look at me, I felt the heat of how it looked like he wanted to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him, but honestly I think we've gotten to a stopping point of that.

My phone buzzed and I blinked then grabbed my phone, bringing it in the middle of our faces. It was my dad telling me that he was outside, waiting.

"Come on." I said jumping off the bed and grabbing my backpack and purse. Jack and I walked out of his room and downstairs, pass the kitchen, where Mrs. Gilinsky was still at.

"Mom, we're off to dinner. I'll be home later." He screamed, grabbing his house keys.

"Bye, have fun. Bye, Layla!" She said.

"Bye!" We walked out and walked to the car. We both sat in the backseat, and buckled up. My dad made small talk to make it less awkward. While they were talking, I was in a group message with Bella and Alexis.

me; so yeah, my dad just picked us up and were going out to dinner. On the bright side we didn't kiss except once, just for a picture where you could barley see my face.

Bella; why are y'all going to dinner, and I want to see the picture.

Alexis; yeah, same.

me; my dad wanted to actually meet him and get to know him. Idk why, but yeah.. here's the picture.

"So, Jack. Anywhere good to eat?" My dad asked, I looked over at Jack after locking my phone.

"Um, there is nice place called Olive Garden, pretty sure you've heard of it. It's only ten minutes away."

"Perfect, that's Layla's favorite." My dad looked at me through the rear view mirror and smile.

During dinner, Jack and I sat across from my dad and we were waiting for our salads. "So, Jack. Tell me more about yourself."

"Well I'm a senior, in your daughters class. I'm on the baseball team, and our first game is tomorrow." He paused and looked over at me, "Anyways, I'm apart of the new student club, which is how Layla and I met. I'm a straight A student, I work at In-and- Out burger four day's out of the week, for five hours. Oh and I'm in the schools choir with my best friends Jack Johnson and Sam Wilkinson."

"Whoa, your life in school sounds pretty busy. That's amazing, do you know what you want to be in life?"

"Well, they always say music is one in a million, but if it wasn't I would be traveling around the world performing, but for now I was thinking about being a physical therapist." He took a sip of his drink and smile over at me.

"Speaking of music, you know Layla can play the piano like an angel?" My dad asked.

Jack nodded and told him how after a day of school, I played after I saw the amazing piano in his room. "Your daughter is super talented, sir."

I smiled as he looked over at me. He was making a great impression of himself, which was so perfect of him. God, date me.