Chapter Twenty-Five

If you can, listen to Certain Things by James Arthur while reading this chapter!

I love y'all. Don't hate me after this.

It was all over, I graduated. We all did.

The same night, I skipped out on the parties, I was leaving tomorrow morning around seven, and it was 10:30, and I was going to eat at McDonald's with Alexis and Bella, telling them about leaving. I guess Johnson and Matt were coming too, easier to tell everyone.

-

Sam's POV//

It was the day after finishing high school. It was 12 in the afternoon, and I was gonna go out with the boys, Matt and Johnson. I haven't talked to Layla since the dinner, two weeks ago. I was going to talk to the boys about trying to go to get Layla to come to LA with me.

I opened instagram and scrolled through until I stopped at Bella's post of her and Layla. The picture was of them in their cap and gown, and another one of them with the jersey they made each other for Christmas.

" Layla Smith, where do I start? I will never forget the first day we met, Mr. Matthews third period class, you had the attitude of the century, but now I understand why. Now, you're probably on a plane, to Alabama, I am so proud of you. Winning state, getting a scholarship, and being able to handle Westside High's drama and the ups and downs. I'm really going to miss you but when you play Nebraska, we will all be there."

ON A PLANE?

I looked up Alexis' instagram, I found her posting something about Layla too. It was picture of them on each others back, I took that when we all went to the park.

"I sucks you're on your way to Alabama, but I really need to be thanking your dad for you moving here, so thanks Mr. Smith. I'll come visit you when we play you."

I called Layla, she didn't answer. Did she really leave?

I continued down instagram, Matt and Johnson posted something. Why did she not tell me? I stopped when I saw Jack G post something, it was half of their pictures they took form when they were together.

"Layla, I'm going to miss you and it hurts to know you're back across the U.S, closer to all your old friends. I hope you don't forget little Ohama. I hope you don't forget every memory..."

Layla's POV//

"... I hope you call everyone here after you kick everyone's ass in soccer. i hope everyone treats you right in Alabama. I love you so much, sweet heart. Call me when you land."

I smiled at my phone reading everyone's posts about me. I was already off the plane and on the way to the college. I was sad, because this where Sam and I went, this was our first and only trip together. I felt bad I left without saying something to him.

I'll get over it. So will he.

I got to the dorm and started unpacking. I was going out with some of the team to go tour around Alabama, and check out some spots everyone hangs out at. I haven't checked my phone, I was supposed to they Jack when I got here but I didn't have a reason too.

Unpacking and remodeling took about a hour to do. I was tired but I had to look decent to go out. I got dressed in some faded black jeans, and a white croc-top that said, "Bad mistakes make good stories." Lastly I straighten my hair and put on my white converse.

Sam's POV//

It's been hours since I've been home. Why? Because I was going to Alabama. I was going to win back Layla. I wasn't about to let her go that easly. This was so stupid, it really was. I left without anyone knowing.

I just landed, and now all I had to do was go to her dorm and see her. I know where it is because when we came here, the coach showed us where she'd be be staying so she wouldn't have trouble when she came.

I got a cab to take me there, then I walked to her dorm, I really hoped she be here. It's like six at night, she couldn't already be some where. Could she?

I knocked on the door, and with my luck, no answer. I huffed and walked outside to the campus. I saw her, I really saw her. She was with some of the player's we met. I walked up a little bit closer, and said her name. Except at the same time someone else said her name. Who was that?

Layla's POV//

"Layla?"

I heard my name, twice. I turned around, everyone got silent. I didn't know what I should say. Seeing two people I'd never see again unless I was in Omaha. I wanted to cry.

I saw the love of my life.

I huffed and smiled, "Hi, Jack."