Chapter 31

Not a great chapter :/

*Lillie's p.o.v*

Today is my birthday, my 18th to be exact. I'm officially an adult!

I got out of bed and jumped straight into the shower, today is going to be amazing I can feel it.

Once finished in the shower, I pulled on a simple pair of jeans, a top and my favourite jumper...well technically it wasn't mine it was Aiden's but oh well.

I made my way downstairs with a massive grin on my face only for it too fall when I read the note on the side.

-Morning Lils, we'll see you later Kelsey will be over at 5-

No one was here, I had been left all alone on my 18th. I rang Aiden but went straight to voicemail.

I jumped up on to the counter and sighed, did they even remember it was my birthday?

I didn't bother with breakfast and headed out the door, I'm going to visit a friend. I caught the bus into town and walked to the local starbucks.

'Hello Lillie, happy birthday.' Maria smiled giving me a hug.

'Thank you.' I replied hugging her back.

'How's everything been?' she asked as we sat down with drinks.

I sat there and told her everything, Aiden, mum and dad's anniversary, seeing everyone again. As well as how I was coping.

'I'm so proud of you.' She mentioned.

I stayed there talking with Maria at least I got to be with someone on my birthday.

I got home at 2:45 as Maria had to go back to work and could only see me during her break. At least she remembered it was my birthday. Still no one was home when I got back. This is turning in to a terrible birthday.

I made myself some toast and sat down in the front room turning on the tv. Well if I was spending my birthday on my own I would have to find some way to entertain me. I turned on Avatar the movie Bird got me to love at the dear old age of 3, been my favourite movie since.

+

It was 4:45 when it finished, Kelsey should be here soon. I wonder why Kelsey is coming over, maybe it is something to do with my birthday? No she's probably just checking up on me.

The knock on the front door brought me out of my thoughts. I moved the box of tissues and plate off of my lap and trudged in the blanket to the front door, opening it to reveal a grinning Kelsey.

'Hello Lillie, I haven't seen you in ages, how are you?' She beamed hugging me.

'Hey Kelsey, it's nice to see you and I'm alright.' I replied

'Come on, let's go make you look even more pretty.' Kelsey clapped her hands leading me to mum and dad's room.

'Why do I need to look pretty?' I questioned confused.

'Your dad and uncles have a premier and we have to be there.' Kelsey shrugged.

'Isn't it someone's birthday today?' I hinted wondering if anyone had remembered.

'Not that I know of why?' Kelsey asked getting things out of a box.

'No reason.' I sighed heading into the shower.

They really had forgotten my birthday, well hopefully the premier will be fun.

I turned off the water and walked back out into the bedroom with my towel around me.