Chapter 32

It's Saturday afternoon, a week since my birthday, things couldn't get better.

I've almost completely forgotten about them and they have gone hopefully forever.

Things with Aiden our great, I'm getting on with everyone in my extended family so much better.

At the moment, I’m with Aiden eating ice cream in the town centre, we’ve been out most of the day. Fiddling with the ring on my finger as I wait for Aiden.

~//~

We were stopping at the hotel before going to meet with the adults.

‘Lillie, I want to give you this.’ Aiden said handing me a small box.

I took it from him lifting the lid slowly curious on what it could be, my mouth dropped as I saw the ring it was simple but beautiful. A heart connected to the band of the ring, with forever engraved on the back.

‘We’ve known each other for 7 years, for nearly 6 of those years I was so worried about you and I never thought I would see you again, when you rang me on the phone telling me you were home that was one of the best moments of my life, knowing the girl I love was back and safe. This is a promise ring, to be a representative of my love and promise to you, I promise that I will love you and only you and that I am only yours, you are my world Lillie-Mae and I love you, may this be a substitute until the real thing, it will also be a reminder of me while I am away.’ As he spoke he placed the ring on my finger.

I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

‘I love you.’ I replied in his ear.

‘I’m going to university soon.’ He mentioned with me still in his arms.

‘What?’ I said shocked slipping out of his arms shaking my head.

‘Hey, don’t cry.’ He cooed stepping towards me. I held my hands up making him stop, hurt flashing across his features.

‘You’re leaving me.’ I stated sitting on the edge of the bed.

‘No, not like that I just gave you this ring, it’s always going to be you and me, I’m just going to be at uni for a while.’ He protested kneeling in front of me.

‘I don’t want you to go,’ I admitted looking down at my lap.

‘I know you don’t but I’m always with you no matter where we go.’ He said.

‘I love you and just you so you don’t need to worry about anything.’ Aiden promised lifting my chin up to look at him.

~//~

‘When are you leaving?’ I asked before taking a mouthful of my ice cream.

‘Monday.’ He sighed.

‘Oh.’ Was my genius reply.

‘Don’t worry I’ll be home before you know it.’ He tried to reassure me taking a bite of his own ice cream.

We ate up the ice cream and headed home, we got out of Aiden’s car and went inside. No one was home. Mum must still be out food shopping with my siblings and Dad is at work.

Aiden stuck on a movie, before coming to cuddle up with me on the sofa. At some point during the movie, Ads leant in and kissing me.

‘Seriously again, SISTER IS IN THE HOUSE, no kid wants to see that crap!’ Aria shouted making me and Aiden break apart. She then made her way further into the room and sat right in front of the tv to watch the movie.

Aiden and I just stared at her thinking ‘what the hell’

She turned and looked at us.

‘Oh it’s alright now, I walked past you can kiss now.’ She said before turning her attention back to the screen.

‘Ari, you my friend are seriously strange.’ I laughed leaning back on Aiden’s chest to watch the movie.

‘Ari, move we can’t see the film.’ I stated.

‘Well, last time I checked you weren’t watching the movie, you were inspecting each other’s mouths.’ Ari retorted not moving.

I sighed giving up, walking out with Aiden to his car.

‘See me before you leave.’ I pleaded.

‘Of course I will.’ He promised kissing me.

‘I’ll see you either tomorrow on Monday.’ He said opening the car door.

‘Okay, love you.’ I smiled.

‘Love you too.’ He kissed me once more before getting in his car.

I waved him off before going back inside and went into the music room. I sat down in front of the piano. I let my fingers run over the keys playing a tune I remember Dad teaching me.

I opened my eyes and took a breath, turning my head to the side giving me a heart attack to see Dad and the boys stood there grinning.

‘Jesus, a bit of warning would have been nice.’ I exclaimed trying to calm my racing heart.

‘Sorry, we didn’t want to interrupt.’ Dad chuckled.

‘Don’t worry about it, it was nothing special.’ I shrugged.

‘You’re kidding right? That was amazing.’ Tom protested.

‘Anyway we are getting off topic, we wanted to ask you something.’ Max said changing the subject.

‘We were wondering if you be the duet part of our single?’ Jay asked.

‘what, wait what.’ I mumbled all confused.

They wanted me to sing with them on one of their tracks?!

‘So will you?’ Seev questioned.

‘Yeah, I’d love to.’ I grinned.