6

When Nikki came back a few minutes later with a metal bowl, Tommy had her set it down and made the rest of us get away as he gently set down the toxic liquid in it, careful not to splash it, and covered it with the glass covering Nikki gave him.

"So... how the fuck is Wilbur still alive?" Quackity asked, addressing one of the many elephants in the room.

"I have no clue." Tommy and Wilbur said at the same time, making Tommy laugh in surprise.

"I have an idea." Techno said from his new spot against the wall, next to a small table with a glass of water in it.

"What's your idea?" Eret asked.

"Tommy, can you move this glass?" Techno asked, pointing his finger at said glass.

"I can't move the glass, but I can move the the water in it." Tommy said. Techno gestured to the glass. Tommy stared at the glass. The water inside pressed itself against the side and scooted the glass forward till it fell and Techno caught it.

"Don't break it." Techno scolded slightly.

"Don't tell me to use my powers then, cuz I'll use 'em." Tommy said right back.

"Fine." Techno muttered. "All of you were focused on Wilbur when he was telling the story, but I noticed the glass move a little from the water moving towards him when he broke down after saying he thought Tommy died." Techno explained. Wilbur stared at the floor. "Now, it might just have been Tommy accidentally using his powers when he was remembering it as well, and I could just be over thinking, but you know me, I don't overthink." Techno said, turning to the table, placing the glass of water back on the table, and eyeing us out of the corner of his eye.

"And I don't accidentally use my powers anymore." Tommy said softly, glancing at Wilbur.

"Wilbur?" Quackity asked.

"I-.... I don't...." Wilbur looked at his injured hand, then the glass of water.

Techno shrugged, silently saying if he wanted to try, he could. Wilbur then glanced at Tommy.

"If you're asking me how it's supposed to work, if you do have water powers they're bound to be weak. And it won't work the way you want it to when you're too self conscious about it and worried about the others in the room." Tommy said.

"So if he has powers they're bound to be shy?" Techno asked. Tommy shrugged.

"That's how mine were. Just saying from experience. The demon that trained me, which, let me rant real quick; HOW can an EARTH SHADOW DEMON KNOW HOW A WATER-MAGIC SOUND DEMON'S POWERS WORK???!" Tommy asked himself. He took in a breath. "Anyways... the demon that trained me was more of the defensive type with his powers so that's how I learned. To be defensive. My powers got stronger the more I used them as with how everything works."

"I could, if I figure out how your powers work, might be able to help you become offensive too if you want?" Techno asked.

"OOOOO I could go too! Be your sparring partner!" I said.

"Nope, I'm his sparring partner. You can be his number one fan though." Techno said.

"Will do!" I gave him a thumbs up. Tommy laughed.

"If you want to see if you have any semblance of powers," Tommy walked over and picked up the glass and walked right in front of Wilbur, shielding him from the other three's eyes. "Try to move the water."

The water was insanely still for being held by a moving force. Then I realized Tommy was probably holding it still for any sign of movement.

"Wouldn't he be blocked by you holding it still?" Techno asked, noticing the stillness too.