25

(You know the drill. TW for blood and just overall fighting. Also explosions.)

4 days before the end

The first thing we did was scope out the hive. Everything was the same as how I left it, just there was no demon. There were dried specs of the acid and wither on the ground that everyone made sure to avoid.

They all studied the tree looking for a way to destroy it. Wilbur brought up the idea of burning it, but no one would be able to get close enough to set it on fire.

Then they brought up the idea of a bomb. Small enough to toss and not worry about getting hurt from possible damage, yet big enough to engulf the whole tree in its explosion.

They immediately began testing what objects can touch the tree without getting utterly destroyed by its magic and defense mechanism. Based off the objects they tested, any inorganic material is immune and safe. So Wilbur, the explosive mastermind that he is, began mapping out a blueprint for a bomb that could destroy the tree and hold no organic materials so it wouldn't be destroyed before it could go off.

We went back to the base to gather any remaining scraps and tools that survived. We came out with my barely burnt bow and a couple arrows, three swords, a battle axe, and two hatchets. Wilbur managed to find a lot of his secret stash of gunpowder and explosives was untouched by the flames.

Phil had a lot of questions about it, but Wilbur just grinned devilishly and said it was a stash for "just in case."

We went back to the cave and planned.

<~~~>

3 days before the end

Wilbur has been working, testing how flammable certain materials were, and how explosive they could be. No one has bothered him because he's really getting into it.

Techno and Phil have been training everyone on how to fight and the demons have been training everyone how to fight off a demon.

I once got pit against Ranboo and Tommy and they teamed up on me to see how much I could take. I was blocking blow after harsh blow from them as they practically took turns fighting me. I dropped down under Ranboo when he took a swing at me and tripped Tommy up when he took a step, making the two of them crash into each other.

Wilbur had seen from his spot off to the side and laughed at them, earning cuss words from the younger.

Other than that, it was a pretty chill day.

<~~~>

2 days before the end

I'm starting to get stressed. It's obviously nerves, but something is just bothering me. I don't know what.

I took a walk to ease my mind and relax.

<~~~>

I spotted a demon, but it didn't seem to notice my presence.

It didn't look human at all, yet it was multicolored. When it turned, I saw it also had a weird teal swirl on its chest that seemed to be slightly glowing. My mind went back to Freely and Oritur and the glowing gems on their chest.

Was this one of their siblings? Another Dreamon?

I tried approaching it to get a better look, but a branch snapped under my foot. It jumped and faced me, its teal eyes stared at me. It placed its hand to the swirl on its chest and all of a sudden it was gone. I blinked and looked around for it. It didn't disappear in a cloud of particles like Ranboo, or in the shadows like Bad or SapNap, it just popped out of existence.