4

"Why is Wilbur acting so strange?" Quackity asked me, leaning down to reach my ear.

"I basically just got here, I don't know either." I whispered back.

"Do they know each other?"

"I don't know!"

"Can you guys hurry up, we're almost there." Wilbur called from the front of the pack. The kid, who calls himself Tommy, looked back as well.

"Sorry, Quackity's just assaulting me with nonsense." I said, jogging to catch up to Tommy.

"NO I WASN'T!!" Quackity said in that voice he uses when he gets offended.

"I believe it." Wilbur said with a grin.

"Great, now I'm being bullied by a giraffe and a toddler." Quackity mumbled.

"I'll make it to be bullied by a giraffe, a toddler, and a gremlin." Tommy said, cracking a grin.

"NOOOO PLEASE!"

"That would be funnier." I said to Tommy.

Tommy gave me the biggest grin, full of sharp teeth, ever.

"DONT SAY THAT!!" Quackity practically begged.

Tommy and I started laughing, while Wilbur just shook his head with a grin.

"Children. All of you are children." Wilbur said turning back around and walking again.

"Don't you dare call me a child Wilbur." Quackity threatened while laughing.

"What are you going to do about it huh?" Wilbur challenged, looking back and crossing his arms.

"You have a great point." Quackity laughed, sounding nervous. Wilbur simply chuckled while turning around again and walking away.

(I'm still a lazy fuck, so time skip)

We stood in front of the entrance to the hideout. Tommy started playing with his claws out of nervousness.

"It'll be okay." I tried reassuring Tommy.

"I... I just... I'm not..." he started, ending with him looking at his violet claws.

"That shouldn't matter, if they don't realize you're actually a nice kid, then you don't have to stay." I said, grinning at him. He smiled back. There was Quackity's noticeable laughter behind me, causing us to look back.

"O-oh, hey?" Quackity said. Next to him, Wilbur was holding a pokerface.

"What are you two morons laughing about?" Tommy growled.

"Am I laughing?" Wilbur said in a strained voice, like he was trying not to laugh.

"Wil, I can tell you're trying not to." Tommy grumbled. In response to that, both Wilbur and Quackity gave up and started laughing.

Tommy and I shared the same look of annoyance.

There was a soft click behind Tommy and I as the door started opening. I assume Tommy had a fight or flight reflex happen within him when he heard that, as he jumped on roof of the bunker in a rush.

Fundy opened the door and squinted his eyes at us.

"Yes?" Wilbur asked.

"Why are you idiots still out here? It's getting late." He said, his voice thick with sleep and a slight accent.

"Did you just wake up?" Quackity asked.

"Yea, Eret switched out with me."

"Oh, so he and Techno finally finished the Uno round?" Wilbur asked.