24

It was cold.

SapNap and Bad were being hogged by everyone else because, besides the small fire in another corner, they were the only source of heat and light. So I sat alone at the entrance of the cave, scanning the forest for anything.

A presence sat beside me, remaining silent though, just scanning the area with me. I didn't really want to chat anyways.

I could just tell by the ease he was scanning and the vibe, it was Techno.

We sat like that for a while, causing me to get spacey as my thoughts went wild. It went around, wondering what kind of demon Dream was, what the vessel Dream talked about was, why it didn't concern me, and why the base was blown up.

Techno nudged me, breaking me out of my spiraling thoughts.

"Go rest, I got the watch for tonight."

"'M not tired." I mumbled, not looking at him. Techno was silent for a moment before he sighed.

"I'm not good at this, and you know I'm not but..... what's wrong?"

I thought. What does he mean? Does he not remember our base getting destroyed? He's not Ranboo, he doesn't have that excuse.

"Everything." I settled on.

"Understandable. Anything specific? Or just everything."

"Just.... everything. Everything seems to be because of me."

Techno shifted at that. "Why's that?"

"Everything seemed to go to hell the moment Dream found me that day. Phil lost his camp because of Dream's friends. Wilbur got hurt because you all came to get my ass, you broke your arm fighting Dream, then the base gets blown up. That's why."

Techno thought for a moment. "If it helps... I don't think any of it was your fault, or because of you. Dream or his friends were the ones who did it, so it's their fault."

"But- it's because of me, they wouldn't bother you if it weren't for me!"

"Tubbo, listen. It is not your fault that Dream has something against you. I don't blame you, and no one else does."

"Then why is no one telling me anything that's going on?!" I damn near shouted. The conversation further in the cave stopped as eyes looked at us. I glared at all of them as I stood. Especially the demons.

"Why aren't any of you telling me what's going on? Am I just not good enough to be told anything? I've survived for this long dealing with your guy's bullshit! Yeah- you've helped- but I've survived two years on my own before I met any of you. Nothing's stopping me from walking out right now and continuing my life where I know what's happening and I don't have to rely on any of you!" I shouted. Why? Why did I shout? I wasn't mad. It just got too much and too annoying.

"Then why don't you?" Techno asked calmly, his gaze casual compared to my fiery glare.

"What?"

"Why don't you leave?"

"I- I DONT KNOW! Because it's rude to just leave!"

Techno stood up, crossing his arms and sword leaning against his leg. "Tell you what. I don't know what the demons over there are planning, but I'll talk with them and I'll find out why they aren't telling you anything. You go blow off some steam and when you come back, we'll talk. Alright?"

I glared at Techno for a moment after but just sighed. "Whatever." He handed me the sword by his leg. I took it and stormed off, ignoring what sounded like Tommy scolding Techno.