9

I was somewhere decidedly cold. I don't know where I was, I just know that it was cold. I tired curling up into myself, but that didn't help.

"He's awake." Someone said.

I groaned and opened my eyes, looking around in the blue lighting.

My eyes went wide.

There were so many demons. All of them seemed to be around this giant tree that was completely wrong in color and just overall radiated wrongness.

I shuddered and tried to push myself away from the tree.

"Hello Tubbo!" The familiar voice from last night said.

I slowly turned around and saw the demon sitting on a rock with a smug look with another demon next to him.

The other demon next to him was a Sound Demon, but they had pale green eyes. They were blind.

"What kind of name is Tubbo?" The Sound Demon asked, eyes moving to look in the direction of the other Demon. "Imagine he's a fan, he probably changed his name to be a stupid name like Dream."

Oh shit. The other demon is Dream? I scooted backwards quickly and placed my hand where the knife was, getting ready to pull it out, when Dream picked it up from beside him.

"Looking for this?" He asked, his voice having a slight purr to it. His neon green eyes bore into me. "You don't need it, I'm not going to hurt you. Not yet anyways."

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, he speaks!" The sound demon said in a surprised voice.

"Of course he does, idiot." Dream growled.

"Shut the fuck up." The sound demon growled back in embarrassment.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

Dream eyed me. "Because I need you to lure a certain Demon back here." He started.

"Who you failed to defeat. You made the rules, you're basically breaking them." The sound demon growled.

Dream glared at the other and a deep, threatening growl rose from his throat.

"Tommy?" I asked, genuinely confused.

They both looked at me.

"Yes, Tommy... the Tree is very upset that he managed to escape-"

"And very upset that you lost to a 'child'."

"Wait, you lost to Tommy? You fought each other? Why didn't he tell us?" I asked, almost laughing at first, then feeling slightly untrusted.

They were both staring at me now. I shrunk back, afraid I was suddenly going to be killed.

Dream and the sound demon shared a look I couldn't understand.

Dream then growled something that was so guttural I almost didn't understand it. "You can understand what I'm saying?"

I nodded. "Yes?" Wasn't he speaking English? Was he speaking a different language that I could somehow understand?

The sound demon's eyes went wide and so did Dream's.

Dream shook his head. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. Tubbo, the reason why I brought you here is because I need to get Tommy at a disadvantage so I can kick his ass."

"A disadvantage?" I asked.

"Yes. He can manipulate water. There isn't any water down here." He said.