Intro

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. The world has gone to shit. Humans are slowly turning into these.... things, and the ones that are left, well, we won't be here for long. Food and fresh water are scarce, and it's rare to come across a group of surviving people, but when you do, you want to get on their good side. You need all the help you can get nowadays.

The place that I curently am hiding at is a fairly big place. It looks like it used to be a two story house. The lights still work, which is lovely for when it's night, but horrible when those human-turned-monsters come out "play" as they call it.

And yes, I said "as they call it." I can hear and understand some of them. The ones that haven't gone into the crazed hunger that is. The more sane ones are lovely to talk to. The worst part about all of the monsters though, majority of them are kids. Just like me. Kids, children just barley old enough to comprehend what's happening, have been left out on the streets to fend for themselves because their parents were too scared that they'd turn.

That's what happened to me. But I was old enough to learn to survive. I miss my parents every now and then, but then I remember they left me to die, and then I could care less to what happened to them. More on that later.

These monsters, there's different types.

You have the hearing sensitive ones; majority of those are blind or near blind. Those ones are almost always in a hunger craze, and don't speak at all. They have the ability to stand still for long periods of time to take in all the sounds around them. Basically, if you see one that has grey-ed out eyes or no eyes at all, you better be a quiet breather. However, their sensitive hearing has a downside. You can slam something hard against a harder surface near them to make a really loud noise, and that'll disorient the monster enough to be able to get away.

Then you have the sight sensitive ones. There's two categories of those; the first one has the ones that can't see anything unless you move. I guess those ones would be movement sensitive, but they're under the sight ones so I don't know. The second one has the ones that have really, REALLY sharp eyesight. They can see even the slightest of movement, and the only way to keep those ones away are any intensity of lights. Which is why I'm happy that this abandoned house still has working lights.

Then you have the sent sensitive ones; they can smell you from about two miles away. There's basically no way to hide from them, but there is a way to ward them off: perfume. Or really any strong smell. They'll claw at their face, whimper(which sounds like a scream), and run away.

Then you have the last category. The most dangerous type: The shadow monsters. They aren't restricted to anything. They can hide in any shadow, even yours. They can kill your shadow, which will be the same thing as killing you. Day time is really the only safe time to run around the woods, but thankfully they are the rarest type of monsters.

THEN YOU HAVE THE SUB CATEGORIES!

Basically the sub categories are just, what element do they hold? Fire, water, air, earth, or magic or literally any element this Earth holds. The way to tell what element they have is by the color of their monster skin. If it's a dark blue, it's water. Red through a golden yellow, it's fire. Green for earth, white to a light blue for air, purple for magic and so on.

———————————————————————

I set my book down. I've been keeping notes on these creatures so that, if I die and someone else walks across this book, they'll have a better chance of surviving. I sighed, and leaned back against the chair. It creaked, making me freeze. Then I sighed again, more out of relief than anything. I brushed my dirty, brown hair out of my face, as I stood up. I looked at my writing, impressed that I spelled everything correct. Correct spelling would be majorly useful when someone comes across this once I die.

No, I'm not going to do anything that would get me killed, I'm just saying when it happens, this would be useful to the next generation, if we haven't all died out by then. It was getting late, the sun was close to setting. I could hear the noises of the night, and the monster's distant noises as well. I shuddered at how shrill some of their calls sounded. I grabbed the book off of the table, the candle I was currently using, and made my way upstairs.

I closed the book and set it down on the table by the bed that I sleep in. I set the candle in its casing, so I could sleep without worrying about it setting the house on fire with me and my book in it.
I got under the bed sheets and lied down, staring at the ceiling.

This was going to be another long sleepless night wasn't it?

895 words

GUESS WHO IT IS

I F*CKING DARE YOU :)