Chapter 7: Your Work Before.

"I did it, I admit."
"Well that was quick." Said Ellie in the observation side.
"Why do you admit?"
"I saw that girl in front of the elevator. She needs justice, revenge, and I messed up. I'm a Marine, and I killed one of my own, I can't sleep with that."
"Okay."
McGee and Gibbs got out and Annie was waiting in front of the door.
"He admit?"
"Yeah."
Without talking, she went to go in.
"ANNIELA YOU ARE NOT GOING IN!" Ordered Gibbs.
She looked at him and left.
Boy their relationship took a hit.
"You'll have to talk to her cowboy."
"I know." he said also leaving.

"Annie!..."
"I'm not going in, you won."
"Annie I know you know why I did all that."
"I do know. And deep under I know you did what's right. But now, right now Gibbs, I feel like your job is more important than your family, than me. I don't mean to hurt you and I know you don't mean to hurt me, but he's my best friend, my brother, and you're keeping the justice from him. I needed you Gibbs. As my family, not as my parents or even my boss. I know I bent the line, but I didn't break it. And I am not gonna apologize because I won't break a rule. He's dead, you know how I feel. He admit, so I won't interfere with anything, you know that. You also know that I won't kill him. Unless you don't. "
"I know you won't kill him Annie, I promise you I know that. But I don't want you to regret anything."
"Well, I'm gonna regret not talking to this piece of shit. I love you Gibbs. But I need time right now. I don't mean to hurt you. But please let me have this time off of everything."
"Okay, okay, I'll be here when you come back. I love you kiddo."
And like that he was left alone, his granddaughter far away.