Chapter 8: Not Responding.

-the next day-

"Annie, please open the door." said her mom.
"Here, let me try." said her dad. "Annie, it's Thursday, it's running day, come with me."
Nothing.
"I think she needs time guys."
"Oh my god Johnny you're here, please make her eat something or do something, anything." pleased her mom.
"I can try, I don't know if she wants me in here."
"Please, try."
"Okay. Kiddo? It's Johnny. There's a new Ninja Warrior circuits, want to come try it with me?"
Nothing.
"Babe?"
Ellie and Nick both looked at each other when they heard the pet name.
Nothing.
"I don't know what to do guys, usually she would scream at me saying-"
"Don't call me babe." said both adults in unisson.
"Yeah ?"
"Don't ask."
"Okay. Annie! I need to talk to you."
Nothing.
"ANNIELA SOFIA TORRES I'M COMING IN NOW!" Screamed her dad kicking her door.
He made the right call.
Annie was laying on the ground, unconscious.
"Annie!" Screamed Ellie. "Johnny call 911!"
"Already on it."
"Considering the bags under her eyes it's the lack of sleep and probably dehydration. I have a pulse and she's breathing."
A few minutes later, the paramedics arrived and they were on their way to the hospital.
They called the NCIS family and in a matter of minutes they were all there.
"What happened?" Asked Delilah coming in.
"I- we- I-" Ellie started but it quickly end up in hyperventilation.
Nick didn't say anything, he just hugged his wife.
Johnny, with teary eyes explained.
"Uhm- Nick thinks the accumulation, the lack of sleep, and probably dehydration caused her to faint."
"Hey Johnny-"
"No mom I- you don't understand. I don't want to lose her- Damn it! It's not that I don't want to but I just can't. I love her mom. I can't lose her."
"Hey, Johnny come here."
"Ellie, I-I'm sorry I- I love Annie."
"Hey hey hey, don't apologize for feeling, never Johnny, never. Even if it's my daughter. I trust you with Annie's life. And she's gonna make it. And when she comes back home I'll need you because she'll be grieving and she'll need you. Finn was her person, but you're her soul mate."
"Yeah Johnny, I don't like the idea of my baby girl dating, but if it's with you, it makes it a lot easier."
"I need her a lot more than I realised. Like a lot more."
"We all need her more than we realised." muttered Gibbs.