Chapter 105 - Family Gathering

3rd Person POV

Today was a very special day which only took place once a year. Everyone from the Contract Killers team would be gathering together at their former home from seven years ago. The reason for doing this is because family had a much greater meaning to them.

The one hosting this rare event was Nightmare Joku, the former leader. He is now married to Cross Jakei, now named as Cross Joku. Together, they had four children who each have a different age. Mora, being the oldest, was six years of age. Incubus, the second child, was five. Moonlight, the third child, was four. And the youngest child, named Nixss, was three.

Nightmare set small trays of food on the coffee table as he knew that the others would be arriving soon after. He had already thought out the entire plan for the day.

The others were guaranteed to arrive at separate moments so during that time period, they could enjoy small snacks as they waited.

All of a sudden, Nightmare heard someone knock on the door. When he opened it, he saw four of his old friends. They went by the names of Dust, Blue, Dream, and Killer.

Dream was Nightmare's twin brother but he no longer had the last name of Joku but rather, took on the last name of Killer's. Killer and Dream were married and had one child named Star. Star was closely connected to Dust's and Blue's children, Fury and Sprinkles. They were practically inseparable no matter what happened.

Nightmare greeted his family and let them into his home. Star, Fury, and Sprinkles got along exceptionally well with his own four children, Mora, Incubus, Moonlight, and Nixss. They immediately began to talk with one another as soon as they saw each other.

The adults sat on the couches and started to catch up with their lives.

Nightmare: I appreciate you guys for coming.

Dust: Why would we miss this? It's a basically a family tradition for all of us.

The others agreed to Dust's statement. The event was a big tradition that they all looked forward. They continued talking until they heard a noise coming from the front door. Killer opened it and immediately greeted Horror and his wife, Lust.

On top of Horror's shoulders was their only child, named Desire. He was the age of four and was obsessed with fashion like his mother.

Usually, when Lust was at his store, Desire was right by his side with Horror protectively watching them from a distance. Horror was a stay-at-home dad and was the one that took care of their child when Lust was too busy with work. As their animal companion, they had an albino cat who was sadly deaf.

The family walked into the living room, said hello before settling themselves on the floor. Desire was embraced by the rest of the children and was dragged away to play games. The parents took this opportunity to get small amounts of liquor to drink was they waited for the last family.

The ones yet to arrive were the Queens, familiarized as Ink and Error. They lived in a separate country, away from the assassination law. They also had an only child, named Gradient. He was the oldest of all of the children, at seven years of age. Although, Ink was pregnant again with their second, agreed to be called PaperJam. Error, being a father, naturally wanted to take things slow so Ink wouldn't get harmed.

After what seemed like an hour, there was finally a knock on the door. That's when the Queens walking into the house, officially starting the special day, also known as "Family Gathering".

Ink looked to be thirty-one weeks along in pregnancy, causing him to be in discomfort the entire time. Standing behind and gripping Ink's leg, was a silent child as to become known as Gradient.

Gray was born with a stutter, causing him to be shy and insecure about his voice. Although, when he was alone with his mother, Ink and his father, Error, he was a wholesome and talkative child.

Gradient's parents sat down with the others but he himself didn't join the children. Rather, he stuck close to Ink for his motherly comfort.

(Time Skip)

The day was almost ending as the sun set and said goodbye. The children rejoined their parents with slight disappointment as they wanted to continue their fun.

Nightmare's home soon became the way it was before the gathering. Nightmare with his wife, Cross and their four children. But they felt a certain satisfaction since they were able to catch up with the rest of the family.

Stay connected with people you love

A Quick Discussion

This is not the last chapter. I only did this because I wanted my chapters to be a certain way.

Also, this is my first time writing in third person so I hope you liked it.

Love ya...

Bye