chapter four

upon the all too distinctive ringtone, my head hesitantly raised up to see the man in front of me, his eyes growing dark as he glared right back into mine.

my blood ran cold. it was so cold that i actually shivered, goosebumps lining my skin as if to tell me i'm about to face danger.

his hands clenched into tight fists as he said nothing but glared at me, the sound of my phone ringing in the background as the air was so heavy it was growing hard for me to breathe properly.. or maybe it was just my fear.

taking a careful step backwards, i moved away from him and towards the direction of where my phone was heard, quickly then turning around and opening the drawer of the desk in the corner of the room.

my heart. it is pounding so heavily. it is pounding in my stomach.

i could just feel his dark orbs on me from behind as i grabbed my phone out of the spot in which it was placed, declining the call from jungkook's device.

as i looked over it, i tried my best to keep myself away from that man, the sound of very obnoxious and forced laughter filling the room.

i'm scared. i'm genuinely scared.

sweat was forming in the palms of my hands, my fingers trembling, my stomach turning... and yet that man would not stop laughing.

holding my breath i turned to look at him, fear in my eyes, and the moment i did his face went stone cold. it was as if he wasn't even laughing just a second ago.

"what gave it away?" he asked, an amused grin taking place over his lips now, my body shivering under the pressure of his dark gaze.

i couldn't bring myself to utter a single sound.

"oh y/n, this is great," that wide grin didn't falter a single bit as he reached down to the door handle and locked it, my pulse quickening at his actions.

i am going to die.. i'm going to die. this is it. i'm going to die.

i was panicking inside of my head, taking a step back as he took one forwards.

there is no way i could get myself out of this.. i'm not even a good fighter. i just mostly know how to endure pain... not inflict it.

another step forward. i took another one back.

a third...

the only other difference between our actions (aside from him stepping forward and i stepping back) was that his steps were long and mine were short. very big mistake, well.. either way i'm trapped so what does it matter?

that is when i turned to look beside the farthest bed from the door, my eyes growing all too wide as there was a white t-shirt laying there on the carpet.

it was covered in blood. at least from what i could tell it was blood. the room was quite dark.

i felt as though i would faint from all the sudden things i was realizing.

the knife is his. there is blood on his shirt.. that can only mean he really did commit a crime. he is coming closer. he had my phone.. my freaking phone. he was the man whom i ran into wednesday night.. and most likely the one who was looking right inside my apartment.

"you must be pretty fascinated in murder.." the words i had spoken late yesterday afternoon were coming back to me.. along with his, "i guess you could say that."

that smirk on his lips.. the way it had almost made me shiver when he gave me it. it was all becoming quite clear in my head now.

"in 1958 jean ellroy was murdered.." there was a grin on jungkook's lips that had never left, possibly even growing wider as he repeated the summary of the book in which he read to me the other day. i turned my attention back upon the man only mere feet in front of me.