chapter eighteen

turning around, i was met with a man i never thought i would see again... well, to be more precise.. a version of him.

if you think about it though, this jungkook really is a different man.

even if he has the same face, name, and all.. it doesn't mean he is the same.

his eyes were bloodshot, as if he had been drinking or doing some sort of substance.

it looked like he had been crying too.. and for a moment i had forgotten about my husband, about the fact that this jungkook didn't belong in this reality.. this universe.

i pulled him into my arms, sliding my hands around his thin waist, sharing my warmth with him.

i knew this was stupid, that this was almost like teasing him.. showing him that i was right here but not really available to give him all the love i could have if i just picked him.

honestly, it is kind of stupid that i just jump to things, spring into action without a plan of what i'm doing.

i can feel his heart beating fast against my chest, as if he didn't expect this, and i could feel how he longed for me without him even having to put it into words.

"we can't stay out here.." i mumbled into his shoulder.

before i could really figure out what i was doing or realize what exactly i was doing to not just me but the jungkook that was with me now, he had pushed me away.

part of me kind of hurt, feeling a tinge of pain in my heart, looking into his eyes.

"no.. i shouldn't have come here.. i shouldn't have come to you.." he rambled, shaking his head whilst tears filled his eyes.

i watched him, shocked, seeing just how broken i left him and regretting it all all over again.

"it's not right for me to come and ruin your life.. especially when i don't even belong here."

"jungkook-"

"don't." he breathed in, closing his eyes to stop the overflowing emotions from coming out, "don't even try to say something to make me feel better. don't try to console me."

as if god was against me, the moments that i had spent with this jungkook all started flashing through my mind, "i shouldn't be here, i don't know what i'm doing, i'm sorry.."

he quickly turned, rushing away from me without giving me a chance to even attempt to stop him, watching him retreat.

"no.. i'm sorry.. for leaving you.." i muttered, tears filling my eyes, realizing that now that he is here.. there is a whole lot i have destroyed.

now i'm even wondering if i made the right choice to begin with.. knowing that if i never did that i might not even have little johnny.. or maybe i would have had him with the jungkook who had just walked away.

if i decided to pick the one who actually treated me right from the start.. i could have still had kirstin in my life too...

but how could jungkook have even gotten here.. especially since i thought that when i finally made my decision that he would have lost his memories of me.

looking over at my right i could see a couple girls looking at me, whispering amongst themselves, probably taking note of my crying and most likely seeing me with jungkook.

i just got in my car, deciding that i needed a couple moments at least to process some more and get my emotions and thoughts under control.

i have a husband. a loving one at that. and i have a beautiful son.