chapter six

"and so, how are you feeling after our talk today?" he spoke, folding his hands together as he sat in the leather chair in front of me.

"i'm feeling very well," i responded, "after all of this, i finally feel like i can breathe again."

he smiled, nodding his head, "well i think you've grown a lot since we first met and i am really excited to see how you go after everything."

"thank you," i smiled back.

i looked up at the clock, another couple minutes until this meeting was over.

it has been a whole year since everything.

i am currently sat in the office of my personal therapist, wrapping up today's session with him.

i guess you could say a lot has happened.

xavier and i are in a relationship in which we have been in for about six months and i have gotten therapy sessions twice a week for this whole year. i'm now twenty-two, and kirsten had gotten herself a boyfriend as well.

i still live in the same apartment, but i don't mind being there alone anymore. i can properly think about normal things, and i even go shopping every other week for food and other necessities. that is mostly because kirsten and xavier have been making me.

it still rains all the time here though, in fact, it is raining outside right now.

although i seem to be doing a lot better, i still had a couple things i struggled with.. and i have now gotten myself down the hole of nicotine addiction.

i know, it isn't a very good thing, but at least i don't go crazy with it.

usually, i would only smoke if i was stressed or needed to try and get my mind off of things. it wasn't like a constant thing. the therapist and i had even talked about it and he said as long as i don't do it on a daily basis and eventually work on quitting i will be fine.

i got up from my seat, putting on my jacket and grabbing my bag.

mr. hudson led me to the door of his office, opening the door for me to be able to leave.

"i'll see you next week," he said as i nodded in response.

"have a good rest of your day mr. hudson."

i then stepped out of his office. time to head back home.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

i was making dinner for myself in the kitchen whilst listening to the news on my television.

"just this morning there was a report of a murder downtown. they say that it had happened last night while everyone was asleep, but the poor eighteen year old woman was found dead in a dumpster by a civilian passing by."

my head shot up to the screen at the words from the news broadcaster.

a murder? the last time there was ever a murder was... last year.

something about that news had my heart pounding. i was suddenly very interested in what was going on on tv.

"the young woman, just barely an adult, had gone by julia scott and was last seen a day or two ago before she was found dead," i had made my way back into the living room, sitting down on the sofa.

that is sad to think about.. only eighteen years old and now she is dead. she had a whole life ahead of her. she isn't even that much younger than i am. only what? four years?

it is crazy how you can be alive one second, and in the next you could already be robbed of your life.

i would like to say, that now i can stick up for myself against people. just a couple days ago a guy on the street tried to assault me and i was able to get out of that situation on my own, which by the way, i am very proud of.