chapter eleven

slowly opening my eyes, i was awoken to the sound of the television playing and the rain as it hit against the glass of the windows outside.

coming back to reality i had realized that i was laying on the sofa in my living room, wrapped in someone's arms, sweat lining my forehead as i looked up and saw jungkook, his hand stroking my hair softly.

i was frozen in my spot, but what i heard from the television next had my heart beating, "just this morning the man by the name jeffery knight was taken into custody for the murders of xavier innes and justin oakly."

my head quickly shot over to the screen, a mugshot of the man supposedly responsible for the two murders... the murders of my uncle and my ex boyfriend, my uncle being justin oakly.

what the actual hell is going on..?

i held my breath, looking around the apartment, there was no suitcase.

"what's wrong baby? are you alright?" jungkook asked.

i quickly sat up, causing his arms to fall from me as he looked over at me in confusion.

the last thing i remember was being in a strange room and then falling asleep on the floor after a while.. so how did i get here with my head in jungkook's lap and all of a sudden the news reporter is saying this jeffery person killed both xavier and my uncle...

"wh- what happened yesterday?" i asked, looking at jungkook as i could feel my heart racing, not quite sure what was going on.

"what do you mean what happened yesterday?" he asked, "i was gone most of the day and came back and we.." his face flushed as he looked down, a grin on his lips, telling me everything.

i looked at him in confusion, turning my attention to the digital clock on the wall that had also displayed the date.

he was right..

the date was the same day that he would have murdered my uncle inside this apartment.. but he didn't because that would be impossible considering it was quite early in the morning.

"wait- but why are we in here if we fell asleep in the bedroom?" i was more than lost, looking at the man before me in complete bewilderment.

"y/n stop acting," he laughed, "you know, we woke up this morning and i made you breakfast and then you fell asleep here like a baby."

"i.. did?" i was shocked, confusing the guy before me even further.

"what's gotten into you, hm?" he asked, tilting his head, "did you have a bad dream or something? what's going on? why are you sweating?"

"i guess i did have a nightmare.." i looked down at my trembling hands, not being able to find any other solution to what i thought had happened yesterday and what is going on now.

jungkook nodded his head, "come here," he held out his arms, my body hesitantly moving over to where he had wrapped me in his warm embrace.

"wh- what about kirsten?" i asked, jungkook going silent for a moment as if he was thinking.

"kirsten? who's that?" he asked, my brows furrowing.

"my friend," i clarified, "was she on the news at all?"

he went silent again, seemingly thinking some more, "no, not that i remember, why?"

my head was starting to hurt, trying to figure out what the hell was going on and why i was now awake in my living room, everything seeming to be completely different from where i last left off in what i can only think to be a nightmare.

"uhm.. so.. my uncle never came here?" i asked, feeling jungkook's body tense up.

"no he didn't.. but if he did that then i would make sure he never could again.." that cold tone in his voice had chills running down my spine, all too similar to how he was like when he killed my uncle in my "nightmare".