chapter eight

stumbling out of my bedroom and making my way into the kitchen, i was running a hand through my hair, about to open the fridge to get a water bottle when i noticed a note on the counter.

carefully, i picked it up, reading it.

"i went out to get some of my things, i'll be back in a couple hours."

thank god. that means i don't have to face him yet and i have at most two hours to prepare myself.

wait... what am i preparing myself for?

oh right.. i kissed jungkook.. i pretty much made the first move and then i was the one to so painstakingly say "we can't do this" like an idiot.

i let out a sigh, hitting myself on the head a couple times as if to knock some sense into my brain.

i really need to work on my thought processes some more.

setting the note back down in its place, i grabbed my bottle of water and walked some more into the kitchen to grab an apple.

as i was doing so, my phone started ringing from the living room.

i left my phone beside jungkook all night? thank god he didn't take it... haha funny joke y/n...

making my way over to my phone i noticed it was an unknown number, but it wasn't one i've seen before.

i answered the call, "hello? who is this?"

"hello, is this y/n by any chance? this is detective masons," my curiosity rose at his words.

"yes, i'm y/n. what are you calling me for?"

"it is about xavier innes. we found out some information on his death whilst doing an autopsy and was hoping you could come visit the police station later today."

my eyes widened at his words, "wh- what? about xavier's death?"

he hummed through the phone, "could you come to the station in an hour or so?"

"yeah, i'll get ready now," without anymore time to waste, i quickly hung up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

if this is about xavier's death i need to know. i thought he died in a car accident but... maybe it was more. well, it sure seemed like it was by the way the detective spoke to me over the phone.

i also need to mentally prepare myself for whatever is to come.

i honestly never really believed in justice after death because growing up that is what my uncle burned into my brain... but after xavier died i've always felt like he needed some justice, no matter what i believed in before.

maybe this would help him get his justice.

•.¸¸.•*'¨'* •.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*

stepping inside of the police station, i sat down in one of the seats to wait for someone to come out. there was currently no one in sight so i couldn't really say anything to tell them i'm here.

wouldn't you think that a police station like this would be more busy considering that there has been more crime in the city recently?

looking around the room, i observed everything around me carefully, hearing the clock ticking on the wall in the silent room, apart from the rain outside of course.

after waiting about thirteen or so minutes, an older man came out from behind one of the closed doors, a light smile covering his face to which i tried to return, but the smile could barely reach my eyes.

he walked up to me as i stood up from where i sat, pulling out his hand for me to shake, "hello, y/n right? i'm detective masons from the phone call earlier this morning."