chapter twenty-two

my heart was racing inside of my chest as the man had me pushed up against the wall, my back flush with the flat and cool surface behind me.

"i- i'm sorry," i breathed out, the man's face right before mine.

his gaze was scary, it was something i wasn't used to.. something i haven't seen in years.

"how did you get in here, huh?" he asked.

"i just guessed your code," i muttered.

"why?" he continued, "why would you even try to look through all my stuff?"

i wasn't trying to make him upset, but it turned out that way. i should have just stopped when i saw the door.

staring back into his eyes, i could have sworn the man was inching closer to my face, so slowly that it was almost hard to tell.

well, at least until his nose was brushing up against mine very lightly, his lips ghosting over mine.

it had my heart beating faster than before in which i didn't think was possible.

"jung.."

he pressed his lips against mine, bringing his hand to the side of my face, kissing me softly.

i wasn't really all too surprised, but i was definitely flustered.

this was much nicer than how he kissed me in that damn hospital room.

i kissed him back, feeling his warmth and actually bringing tears to my eyes.

slowly, they fell down my cheeks, becoming sad as i remembered the other jungkook, the one i missed.. the one i wished i could run back to.

kissing this one, i didn't want it to end, because even if it wasn't the jungkook i wished it was in this moment didn't mean i couldn't pretend he was.. no matter how wrong it may be...

as we parted, i looked into jungkook's eyes carefully, his expression changing slightly as he had noticed the tears.

"what's wrong?" he asked, wiping them away carefully.

i shook my head, "nothing.." i dismissed it, "i'm sorry."

removing myself from the man before me, i slipped out of the door and into the hallway again, rushing out to the living room and placing myself down on his sofa.

i reached my hand up, my fingers carefully brushing over my lips as my heart was going crazy.

all of a sudden all my emotions were flooding in all at once and it was starting to get overwhelming.

what am i going to do?

i can't stay here..

i need to get answers..

i need help..

a minute later jungkook was back in front of me, on his knees, his arms now resting over my thighs as he was sitting on the floor and i was upon the sofa.

he was looking up at me, worried by what had suddenly come over me.

"is this my fault, doll face?" he asked, his voice soft and comforting opposed to how it was just moments ago.

i shook my head, holding back the tears that had filled my eyes.

"you can talk to me darling," he assured, my brows suddenly furrowing as i looked right into his eyes.

darling..? that's what my husband would call me...

something suddenly shook my core, causing goosebumps to line my skin.