chapter seven

i was sitting at one of the tables, wiping my face with a tissue kirsten had gotten me after i went and visited xavier's memorial. staring at that picture of him smiling, i don't know what could possibly break my heart more.

it has been a week since he passed and his parents held an open memorial to the public which in my mind is quite ridiculous.

shouldn't they at least give their son some respect and privacy at his own damn memorial?

kirsten had her arm around my shoulders, hugging me as i sniffled, setting the tissue in my lap. her boyfriend came along with her, and honestly i wish he hadn't. it feels like kirsten and i can't even do anything just the two of us anymore and.. having the guy here makes me feel worse than i already do.

xavier was the first guy to really treat me as anything more than an object and really knew how to make me feel loved, something i haven't experienced much of since my childhood.

it is actually quite crazy how fast you can really fall in love with someone if they treat you right.

kirsten was the only one to remind me of that feeling, but now it feels as though she is slowly being taken from me as well..

i'm not jealous.. i'm just upset.

it really does feel like my life is going backwards again, ever since xavier died.

the session for yesterday was canceled by my therapist. he called and told me it would probably be better i have the time to myself to heal from such a traumatic loss.

i guess you could say it was pretty traumatic.. after all, him and kirsten have been there when i needed them most and helped me get better mentally after my mind was so viciously toyed with by a single man.

being here at his memorial it kind of gave me a sense of him still being around although i know he is dead. one thing that really bothered me about it though is all the unfamiliar people here, the people who really could give a damn about the man in which this was all held for.

there were even a few homeless people who wandered in, grabbed food, and ran out.

people really have no respect for the dead anymore.. and being here, i could say that this was definitely not my first experience of loss.

i've lost quite a few people throughout my life so far and have been to more funerals and memorials than i can count.

it is really sad how often people come and go... especially in my life.

as i sat there next to kirsten and her boyfriend, i couldn't shake this strange feeling i had.. as if someone was staring at me.

it was very similar to the feeling i had a week ago at the store... the night xavier died..

i turned around in my spot, lightly shoving kirsten's arm from around me to see whomever it was i could feel baring their gaze deep into the back of my head.

as i turned, i was surprised to see jungkook standing near the corner of the room, staring at me. even as i turned and caught him eyeing me down, he didn't even budge a single bit, standing there, his eyes never leaving me.

something about the way he was staring silently at me gave me this strange feeling before i decided to get up and go to him.

"what are you doing y/n?" kirsten asked, quickly grabbing my wrist before i could head over to the man standing in the near corner of the room.

"i'll be right back.." i said, shaking her hand off of me, "i'm just going to talk to someone.." muttering out the last bit of my words, i made my way over to jungkook, his eyes still never leaving my body each step i took.