chapter twenty

as i was laying there, eyes wide open, tears had made their way trickling down my face at the sight before me.

i cannot believe that my mom is right there in front of me after i saw her die with my very own eyes when i was just a child.

part of me wanted to ask her about my uncle and everything like that... but the other part of me knew that it wasn't such a good idea to get attached to her again.

but... i couldn't let her witness her daughter die. i don't want her to have to go through the same pain i did when i lost her.

i watched her as she helped rush jungkook out of the room, as if she was a ghost, but to me that is all i had of her... all i had was her ghost, being reminded of the time i lost her over and over again and regretting how small and weak i was.

my heart suddenly faltered, making me completely unsure of what i wanted anymore.

i have my mom here, i have jungkook... do i really need to go back?

my hand gripped the blanket over my body tightly, staring at the door whilst holding my breath. maybe i could just start over.

all i need to do is tell them i don't remember anything... since i was in an accident here i could just pretty much say that and fake amnesia because i really don't know anything about this life.

a couple hours had passed as i was laying all by myself in this lonesome room as i heard the door handle move.

as the door opened, my eyes being met with my mother once again as she quickly shut the door behind her, looking at me for a moment in silence.

"y/n..." she muttered.

i furrowed my brows at her, her tone nervous.

"what's wrong moth-"

"what is going on? everyone here has been different for the past twenty years.."

my eyes widened at her words, "wh- what?"

"i know i talked about this with you before and you said i was insane, but you have to believe me."

i sat there, trying to comprehend what she was saying, wondering if what is saying could mean that she is really my mother.

"you were my daughter in another life," she started, "you have to believe me."

"i do."

her eyes widened.

"what was your relationship with the y/n in this world?"

i could tell she was taken aback by my words, her mouth open, trying to mutter something that just wouldn't come out.

"you're my niece y/n, what are you talking about?"

her niece... so that means that i am uncle's child? why? i wonder what could have happened in this life between him i since he is my father... this can't be good.

"but the thing is-"

"mother, stop," i cut her off, "uncle killed you and dad in this other life you're talking about, right?"

she nodded quickly, "h- how did you- are you my daughter?"

a tear fell from my eye as i nodded, giving this information away to her carelessly and not realizing that it was going to make everything ten thousand times worse for me than it already is.

she let out a cry and ran to my bed bending down and hugging me like her life depended on it.

and as she did that, i had finally realized what she was saying to me only moments ago.