chapter seventeen

holding me close to his body, jungkook left kisses down my neck as i was only laying there staring up at the ceiling. i was lost in my thoughts completely.

"darling? what's wrong?" my husband whispered against my skin, one of his thumbs caressing my arm softly, "we just put the kid to sleep, i thought you were excited."

i turned to face him as he had taken his lips away and we both locked eyes.

"excited?" i asked, the moments we shared before suddenly forgotten, the ones he was speaking of.

he tilted his head, a look of pure suspicion on his face, "uhh yeah.. you said you were excited to finally get some us time."

"ohh.." was all i could say in response.

"oh?" he was still looking at me sideways.

"i'm just- something is bothering me, that's all."

he groaned and sat up, his expression dark, knowing what was coming next if he even dared to ask.

it has been three days since i've seen the other jungkook and i couldn't stop thinking about it. it bothered me and worried me for what was to come and how i was going to be able to deal with it all.. especially if it really wasn't just some hallucination i had.

"i'm gonna guess if i ask what is wrong you're going to give me shit for a response," he groaned out.

i only stared at his back, not sure if it really the best time to even try and begin to explain what's on my mind.

"do i need to get you your therapist?" he asked, causing a part in my lips, a heavily load of air escaping my lungs.

"you don't need to be such an-" i stopped myself, holding my breath.

"be such a what?" he turned to look at me his brows furrowed.

i shook my head, "nothing."

"no, spit it out," he pushed on.

"it's nothing, let it go."

before i could blink twice, the man had wrapped his hand around my neck and pushed me back, annoyance on his face.

"tell me what you were going to say," he threatened.

i wasn't normally scared of him, but now i was.. for some reason he was really irritated, well at least compared to how he usually gets when i don't tell him what i'm thinking about.

tears welted in my eyes, looking back into his.

i grabbed his wrist and squeezed it hard, trying to pull it off me.

"get your hands off me!" i scowled, taking my other hand and smacking him across the face.

followed by the echo of my flesh against his, there was complete silence, his head turned to face the window to our bedroom.

his hand lifted from my neck.

what is wrong with him? is he seriously going to put his hands on me like that?

i'm his wife, the mother of his child for crying out loud.

i guess he never got over his horrible side.

"just because i don't wanna talk about what is going on in my head doesn't give you no reason or freedom to put your hands on me like that."

he didn't look at me, getting off the bed, heading for the bedroom door.

"so annoying.." he mumbled, his hand on the handle, pulling the door open, "i'm sleeping in one of the guest rooms."

as soon as those words escaped his lips the door had shut behind him, nothing but silence following suit.