39| New Beginnings

Blood / abusive ex trigger warning: Is a flashback

*Demi's POV*

The morning after the chaos that took place last night felt almost claustrophobic. Maddie and Katrina were sending me all the crap from the previous night that paps and tabloids got a hold of. Katrina was still running her Nick Jonas fan account and playing into the whole "who is Nick dating?!?!" scene whilst messaging me funny Nick pictures for my folder or cute things he's done over the years. Letting her in on our secret made me nervous but she seemed very trusting. I heard my phone ding as I was snuggled into my boyfriend, reluctantly I rolled over and grabbed it, seeing she sent me a post with a cute message that read "I'm so happy you guys are slowly going public. Can't wait for the day you decide to share your love with the world every single day"

 Can't wait for the day you decide to share your love with the world every single day"

(I was too lazy to remove bomba's tattoo ngl)

nickjonas: You and me against the world ♾

nickshappiness: Um excuse me Mr. Jonas, I'm going to need you to give us a tag

nicknews: I wanna know how many tattoos she has!

nemi4ever: @nicknews he likes the bad girls ;)

I smiled at his caption and set my phone down. I rolled over and peppered his face in kisses waking him up.

"Good morning gorgeous" He spoke in a rough voice.

"Happy birthday handsome!" I kissed his lips and made my way onto his lap. Nick laughed and rested his hands on my thighs.

"Why thank you. I'm looking forward to spending the day with the people that mean the most to me"

"Y'know what makes your day even better?"

"Hm?"

"My period ended last night when we got back" I spoke softly next to his ear before kissing down his neck.

"So I won't have a grumpy Demi on my hands" He gave me a cheeky smile and I just playfully smacked his chest before rolling off of him.

"It feels weird not having Grey here" I made my way towards the bathroom when I felt hands on my waist.

"He's with my brother Demi, he is perfectly fine" Nick kissed my cheek with his hands tightly wrapped around my waist.

"I need to take a shower and start getting ready for your moms. I need to mentally prepare for whatever the fuck is going to happen. I'm still convinced your eldest brother doesn't like me"

"Demi, meeting people is always awkward no matter who it is, let's take it one interaction at a time okay?" I sighed but nodded and headed towards the bathroom.

Nick ordered us breakfast while I got ready. I was straightening my hair after it had finally dried, orange juice in hand. I heard footsteps and looked over to see Nick taking a photo of me. I narrowed my eyes at him to which he replied "You got a straightener in one hand, orange juice in another, you have jelly on your upper lip and only half of your hair is done. I need pictures" I rolled my eyes and licked the jelly off my lips before taking a sip of the orange juice and getting back to making myself look presentable.