38| Surprise

*Nick's POV*

Seeing Olivia standing in front of me, left me flabbergasted but what really irked me, is that my mother was standing proudly behind her. 

"What the hell is happening?" I heard Demi whisper

I ignored her and gave Olivia a fake smile and nod before turning to my mother, glaring at her.

"Mom, you and me. Kitchen. Now." I spoke through gritted teeth.

I slammed the patio door shut, glaring at my mother.

"What's wrong" She spoke with fake innocence.

"What the hell was that!"

"What?"

"Why the hell did you bring my ex here! You knew Demi was coming!"

"Demi doesn't know her"

"MOM!"

"Nick it isn't the end of the world. Your birthday isn't even until tomorrow"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!"

"Nick-"

"YOU DON'T GET IT! I TRY SO HARD AND THE SECOND I'M HAPPY IT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! No matter how many times you try and shove her on me, we're over!"

"Nick try and get along"

"We don't hate each other mom! You're supposed to be meeting my girlfriend and instead you bring my ex?"

"Nick, Olivia is a sweet good girl-"

"Why are you judging Demi before even meeting her? Why is no one good enough for you?"

"You're my babies. No one will ever be good enough"

"Mom" I groaned, frustrating rumbling through my chest. "You clearly found someone good enough for me. Why is it Olivia? What is it about her that you love that I apparently can't find anywhere else?"

My mom stayed quiet and I felt my hands shaking a little bit.

"Last time I checked, I wasn't a fucking kid anymore. I can make my own choices. Demi is my choice mom and if you're not happy with that, then you don't deserve to be one of my choices"

I found Demi sitting by Olivia and Sophie, seeming uncomfortable.

I walked over to her and Olivia smiled at me and gave me a slight wave.

"Can we leave please?" I whispered into Demi's ear.

Demi nodded and we got up to find Greyson.

"Greyson, time to go back to the hotel" Demi told him.

We were gathering our stuff when Olivia walked over to me.

"Can we talk? I promise I don't want you back"