57| Roses

*Nick's POV*

November felt like a whirlwind. Joe and Sophie welcomed their sweet baby girl on November 23rd, a few weeks early from the due date, but thankfully she was a healthy little girl, coming home not long after Demi, Greyson and I visited. Visiting their baby was nerve racking for sure, and I could tell Demi was struggling a bit, but I knew she was working on it, and it showed. 

She carefully held Willa in her arms, her soft brown eyes locked on the newborn. It was very different from the first time she met Lennox and it gave me hope that our baby girl would be in very good hands with her mother. I trusted Demi, but there were definitely concerns here and there.

PTSD wasn't exactly an easy disease to have, and I've seen first hand how it's affected her pregnancy, so I have definitely dealt with a lot of anxiety around her giving birth and watching our little girl grow, but I had hope. I had to have hope, and know that this will all work out, or we'd both crumble.

Demi and I ended up having a quiet thanksgiving with Priyanka and Lennox at my home, Priyanka and Demi keeping their topic of conversations to small talk, thank god

It definitely felt weird having everyone in the same room together. It felt like a fever dream.

It was weird to be seated in front of both of my baby mama's on a holiday and it all went smoothly. 

Priyanka had gone to put down Lennox whilst I put down Greyson, Demi taking Buddy potty before we finished cleaning up the kitchen; when my mother called.

I ended up getting yelled at for not coming to family dinner, even though Joe and Sophie also didn't go, but apparently a newborn baby was a pretty good excuse.

If only she knew Demi was pregnant.

My mom has been calling a lot more lately, bitching at me for not visiting as often, but I've been busy.

For starters, we sold Demi's house, a house that held way too many memories for how little she lived there, and it definitely caused Demi to have a few emergency therapy sessions.

We decided it was easier for Demi to move in, and then a few years down the line, sell this house and move to wherever we had decided. 

Having Demi officially move in gave me a sense of normalcy. Seeing her and Greyson's things littered all over our house was like a breath of fresh air.

Demi and I had finally started planning our nursery, and I found it so cute when Demi had hung up our sweet girls ultrasound photos on a little cork board with string tape.

"It's starting to become real" Demi whispered, standing in the middle of the newly painted nursery, a crib ready to be assembled against the wall, small decals littering the walls.

"Yeah? We still need a name you know" I spoke softly, my hands resting on her bump as I hugged her from behind.

"I know.. it's just hard to look at them. Brings back a lot of memories with Marabella"

"You know she's happy love. She's getting a new little sister, we both know she's excited. She'd be so excited to help name her. Have you thought about visiting her grave?" I asked, Demi nodding.

"Yeah, but I don't want her to feel like she's being replaced"

"I can't say for sure.. but something is telling me that she's okay. That we'll be okay. We've got Lennox today.. I think it's time Lennox meets her big sister. What do you say we pack up the kids and go see our daughter?" I asked, Demi turning around to show the tears in her eyes.

"You really want to?" She whimpered and I nodded, wiping the stray tears off her cheeks.

When we got to the cemetery, Demi held Greyson's hand and I carried Lennox, Demi following the pathways to her daughter's gravestone, knowing exactly where she was going.