Chapter Eight

*Nick's POV*
————————

I felt so happy when Ellis had told me he liked me, I felt even more happy to be his boyfriend. My watch shift was done, it was time to wake Rochelle up for her watch shift. I gently shook her awake, hoping not to startle her or wake coach up.

She woke up, confused but then realized what I was waking her for, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She looked at me and smiled. "I got it from here Nick, get some rest." She said, calmly and politely. I nodded with a smile and walked over to where my daughter and now boyfriend were laying, she looked so peaceful as she slept. Ellis was just laying down as I sat down. He looked at me and smiled, I returned the smile. I laid down, exhausted and drifted off to sleep immediately.

*Time Skip*

I woke up, to Ellis shaking me slightly. "Hun...Hun time to get up" he said softly. I opened my eyes to see Ellis crouched beside me, smile on his face. I smiled back and sat up. I looked around the room to see it empty, I panicked noticing Ellie wasn't in the room. Ellis noticed the panic on my face because he spoke.

"Rochelle found a bathroom and Her and Ellie needed to go use it so They went to use the bathroom while Coach is standing outside of the washrooms to make sure they're not gonna get harmed." He said, Reassuring me. I nodded and sighed in relief and stood up, groaning as laying on a concrete floor, made my body ache a little. I stretched and then saw Ellis standing at the door. "Are we going now?" I asked, he nodded so I packed some of my things and my weapons and followed him out of the safe house.

( Rochelle's POV )

Ellie was in the bathroom stall next to me, I finished my business and left the stall I was in, I checked the sink to see if the water worked, and thankfully it did. I washed my hands and then splashed my face with the cold water. I turned the faucet, shutting the water off and dried my face with an oddly clean towel. Ellie walked out of the stall with a smile. I picked her up and helped her reach the sink to wash her hands and then I fixed her hair, braiding her hair, into two braids. She looked at herself in the mirror and giggled. "Thank you" she said, in a cute tone of voice. I nodded and we walked out of the bathroom to see coach standing there, with a shotgun keeping watch.

Ellis and Nick were walking towards us, guns in their hand and then we stood there for a minute or two trying to figure out where to go next.

*Ellis' POV*

I wasn't gonna lie, I felt really nervous about how the others would react to Nick and I, dating. I don't know if they support Gay people. Ellie, probably wouldn't understand it but for Rochelle and Coach it's a whole different thing. And it's nerve wracking, not knowing how they'd feel. My palms were sweating.

A little ways from the safe house, was a tattoo parlour. We went inside and Ellie stayed beside Rochelle. I looked at all the tattoos in amazement, wishing so badly I had gotten the tattoo I was wanting to get.

"I got that one....that one..hell I got most of these!" Coach said, checking out the tattoo ideas.

"Where?" Rochelle asked, seeing as we never seen any of the tattoos coach said he has. He chuckled a bit weird. "Shit, it's all south of the border" he said, with a smirk. Rochelle gagged and shivered at the thought. "Please be the ankle, Please be the Ankle" she said.

"Man I love tattoos. I only have one, but I was gonna get my truck tattooed on my other arm. Damn Zombies." I said, out of the blue. Nick started teasing Rochelle about the biker dude on the bridge. I wasn't really listening though. Ellie was sitting on the counter, swinging her legs, humming some sort of song quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.