Chapter Twenty-Eight || the proposal

*Nick's POV*

*** a week later ***

I woke up and everyone was asleep yet, it was only 9 in the morning. I smiled as I remembered about proposing to Ellis soon.  I just have to find the right time to propose. I smiled and decided to go hide them in a secret safe place in the house, where Ellis wouldn't ever look. I had them hiding on top of the fridge but I decided I'd have to hide them in a better place. I then went and hid the rings, which are wrapped in a cloth of fabric under the crib in the baby room, behind other things. Ellis wouldn't clean under there because there's no reason to do so, as Henry can't sleep in the crib. They only use the room to change his diapers and clothes.

I got up and left, leaving a note stating I just went for a walk, although I actually was looking for a place to propose to Ellis. I went and searched around, not so far from the house of course. Looking for a nice spot to propose. I found this little pond, with a bench on the left side of the walkway. It was a smallish round pond, i decided I'd get Beth or Keith to get Ellis to come this way, to me And then I would propose. I know we'd need a lot more then just this small wedding we'd have to be married to each other, like legally by someone who is a professional. but we clearly can't do that and I don't think it even matters anymore, but either way we'll be husband and husband. Married. And I sure can't wait to be his husband. At least I hope he'll say yes.

I had the place part figured out. I'm just going to wait now for the right time to propose. I smiled and headed back to the house, to see Ellis and his mom cleaning and rearranging some things and organizing. They looked up at me as I walked in, and smiled. "Hey Hun, Ma and I decided to fix up the house, so there's more space and it will be more cleaner." Ellis said, I looked around and the house did seem like it had more space now, and it was cleaner then it was before. It looked pretty damn good. Like a normal house. I smiled. "That's a good idea. Do you guys need my help with anything?" Beth looked thoughtful for a minute before smiling again. "You could take the trash and just put it out. We've done most of it already so, you could just take the trash out." I nodded and grabbed the trash bags, full of garbage and I put them outside. I walked in and shut the door, also locking it. It's become our rule to keep the doors locked. In case any intruders or infected tried to come in.

I decided to make breakfast for all of us, seeing as they deserve a good breakfast right now. I found pancake mix, along with fruits that we've been growing in the backyard. We've managed to find a garden shop, to buy stuff to grow our own garden. We took ones for fruits and vegetables. It's been a great help. I also juiced some oranges, for orange juice and then I made coffee. There is a lot of stuff here we normally wouldn't have, but we got lucky with this house, and our searches for supplies lately and then Coach and Ro coming with all of their supplies. And now our very own garden.

I was cooking the pancakes when I felt arms wrap around my torso, I looked down and saw Ellis' hands. I smiled and turned around, wrapping my arms around Ellis and kissing his forehead gently. "Hi darling, are you alright?" I asked, he nodded and smiled. "I'm fine Hun, just wanted a hug from you. You left early." I chuckled. "Yeah, it looked decent out and I wanted to get some fresh air and even explore around here for a short while. I didn't wake you up because I wanted you to rest." I explained, he nodded and smiled.

"Okay, we'll I'm going to go wake the kids up, have them get in the bath and then maybe I'll go look for a playground around here. They need the fresh air too." He suggested, I smiled and nodded. "I'll come along, why don't you get everyone else to come as well? I think we all could use some fresh air." I suggested, he put his thumb up and walked away, I quickly went to the baby room and grabbed the rings. This could be the right time, just maybe. I put them in my pocket and continued cooking breakfast.