Chapter Twelve

⚠️I just want to put a TW first before you read the story, part of it is gonna have a homophobic bit, if you're sensitive to it, just skip over it. I will put a warning emoji to the beginning of it, and the end. I just wanted to put a TW because I don't want any LGBTQ+ readers to be hurt or triggered, maybe upset? by the homophobic reading. If it makes any sense:)

*Ellis' POV*

It's been a week since we've run the coaster, Ellie had gotten more and more quiet and she seems to be more scared. She freaks out when she isn't with Nick or Me. She has to be carried or at least walking by us to be calm. It's heartbreaking she's constantly living in fear and it makes it harder not having Rochelle here. She was much more comfortable being with Rochelle too, knowing she had another woman in her life protecting her and caring for her the way her mother never did.

We were in the safe house for a day or two, resting up for the long trip. Ellie would get very anxious when One of us left the safe house. But the only reason we would leave is for the restroom, she never wanted to go unless she had both of us with her. It was a public bathroom so there were stalls and we just decided to wait in the bathroom by the sinks while she would be in the stall.

Once we were ready to go, I talked to Nick about explaining to Ellie about him and I dating. It just seems like the time to tell her now.

I took him aside while Ellie was asleep. She finally felt secure enough to sleep without one of us by her side. We weren't too far from her anyway.

"Hun do you think it's time to tell Ellie about you and me? I'm not pushing to tell her i just think she should know now. And not later because she's experiencing so many emotions. Anger, sadness, fear and everything else that she feels. As she's getting older I fear that if we don't tell her she'll be unhappy with us" I said. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yeah it might just be time she knows babe" he replied. I nodded and I wrapped my arms around him, he took it by surprise but hugged me back tightly. I felt safe in his arms, I smiled softly and pulled away.

After an hour of chatting and laughing, we hadn't noticed that Ellie woke up. Nick was holding my hand and he decided to smother me with kisses, which was different because he doesn't seem like that type but with me he's very loving.

He start kissing me everywhere on my face, I laughed and he began tickling my sides and then he kissed me. We heard a squeal to see Ellie staring at us, we pulled away and she had this look of disgust on her face. It hurt a little bit I couldn't assume her reaction based on her expression.

⚠️TW⚠️ {Homophobic bit}

"Why are you kissing Ellis dad?" She said, sounding disappointed like she was a bit angry. My heart dropped.

"Honey, Ellis and I need to talk to you about something." Nick replied, she didn't look too happy which was very nerve wracking because we wouldn't know how she would react to her dad being gay.

"Ellis and I, are boyfriends. You will understand one day what gay is, but as if for right now you need to know that Ellis is daddy's boyfriend." Nick said, trying to explain to Ellie in a certain way she would understand.

Her face scrunched up in disgust, my heart broke.

"Being boyfriends isn't okay daddy! Mommy said so! Mommy said boys and boys should never be boyfriends! Being with Ellis is bad for you daddy!" She said, sounding very angry. It broke my heart even more hearing her talk the way she did.

"Baby-" he started but she cut him off.

"No daddy! I know what being gay is! Mommy said I should never be around anyone who is gay!!" She said, her anger clearly growing as Nick tried to explain.

"Baby please-" he said, tears filling his eyes.

"You being gay is what made auntie Rochelle and uncle Coach go away isn't it...It's your fault they went away!" She said sounding sad at first but then her anger being shown very clearly in her tone as she spoke. Nick then start crying, I decided to stay out of it, I would make it worse.

"It's your fault they went away daddy!!" She began to yell. Nick tried calming her down before any unwanted infected showed up. But she wasn't having any of it.

She began hitting Nick, yelling at him telling him repeatedly that it was his fault for Rochelle and Coach leaving. He cried as he tried calming down his daughter.

Eventually she stopped crying, she walked away from Nick and i and sat at the opposite side of the safe house. She curled in the corner and hid her face in the arms that were held up by her legs.

⚠️TW over!⚠️

Nick turned to me and he was still crying, I opened my arms for a hug and he sobbed into my arms. I rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. "Shh Hun it'll be okay, she's feeling very emotional these days, she's going through a lot and her mom hasn't taught her anything good about being gay. I'm assuming her mom said that gay is a sin, and she taught her that it Isn't okay to be gay. Maybe we can change her mind about it. You know her babe she listens to what adults say, she believes what others say too. Especially when it was her mom. She would tell me things her mom said so she clearly listened to her mom well, maybe that's why she is upset. Either way my love, we will be okay. We just need to talk to her, even be there for her too because she's feeling a lot of emotions. Okay Hun?" I said, I looked down to him and he nodded, wiping his tears away. I kissed his forehead and held him, rubbing his back in a comforting way so he'd feel better.

Ellie had fallen asleep again, she's cried so much and she gotten so angry that it tired her out. I sighed.

What are we going to do.