Chapter Thirteen

*Ellie's POV* (I'm doing a POV of her to show how she feels and other things)

After I stopped crying, I walked away from my dad. I still felt angry. I sat there and I was thinking.

My mom always told me that being Gay is a sin. But I realized that Daddy is actually happy with Ellis. He isn't so stressed anymore, after meeting Ellis he actually has been happy. I haven't seen him this happy since he was with Mommy.

I then realized that I was too harsh on my dad. I decided to stay away for a little longer before I went over to apologize.
I laid down but before I knew it, I fell asleep.

*Back to Ellis' POV*

Nick had fallen asleep with his head in my lap, I played with his hair as I sat there, letting my mind wander. Ellie had to have believed her mom a lot with everything, otherwise she wouldn't have been so upset. Her mom wasn't a great person. Nick had told me she was a toxic person. She'd assume he was cheating whenever he wasn't home even when he was just at work, she'd constantly take money from him, and when things didn't go the way she wanted them too, she'd take her anger out on him. She'd slap him or hit him in some other way, and she would tell him he wasn't a good husband and he would never be a good father.

Just then, I saw Ellie stand up, she looked at me and looked down at her feet. She walked over. "Can you wake daddy up?" She asked. As if she were scared. And sad, I was confused I shrugged.

"Darling please don't get me to wake him up if you're going to wake him up to take your anger out on him, that's not a good idea. Your Daddy loves you more then anything, it hurt his feelings that you gotten upset. Can we have a chat before you talk to your dad?" I said. She nodded, I gently moved Nick's head to a pillow and I walked outside with Ellie. We went and sat down at a picnic table. I sighed.

"Darling, what made you feel angry? Is there a reason you got upset with your daddy?" I asked. She shrugged, tears filling her eyes.

"Mommy always told me that being gay was a sin...I believed her and she told me that I should never be nice to anyone that's gay...when daddy told me that your his boyfriend, mommy's voice was in my head. It was like she was telling me to get angry. It's like she was telling me to get upset and hurt Daddy's feelings...I listened. But now I feel bad because I realized how much it hurt my daddy...I didn't mean to hurt him" she said, sounding sad I sighed with sadness and I hugged her.

"Sweetie your mommy wasn't the best wife to your daddy...but I'm guessing you know that already right?" I said and she nodded. "I don't want to talk bad about your mom, but she wasn't a good person sweetie. She hurt your daddy's feelings when she went away. Your Dad was scared to tell you because he didn't know if you would feel angry about it. After you went to lay down, he start crying and he told me how much it hurt to have his daughter yelling and hitting him. I know you didn't mean to hurt him Darling. Your dad will forgive you, your his daughter honey he could never stay upset with you. He loves you more then anything Honey. I know you didn't mean to get upset, you're going through a lot for your age. I understand that you're feeling so many emotions right now. Anger, Fear and sadness. I know baby. But I promise you I will make sure you are protected, me and your daddy love you so so much. I hope you know that." I said. I hugged her once more before we walked inside. Just as I closed and locked our safe house door, Nick sat up rubbing his eyes. Fear was shown in his expression as he saw Ellie and I walk in. She ran to him and hugged him, she began sobbing and apologizing.

"I'm sorry daddy. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I listened to mommy all the time...I didn't realize that I hurt you by getting upset." She said as she sobbed. He began crying again as he hugged her.

"It's okay baby, it's okay I understand why you felt how you felt." He said as he rubbed her back, calming her down. I smiled as I watched them talk things out. He explained everything and she understood. She apologized until he told her she didn't need to apologize anymore.

"Daddy...when you told me that Ellis was your boyfriend this voice, came to my head...it was mommy's voice..and it was like she was telling me to get angry and to hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to but it just happened. I'm sorry." She said. We both hugged her and showed her affection and showed her it was okay.

"Okay, since everything is okay now should we head out?" I asked, they nodded and we packed our things and walked out. Ellie walked in between us, holding both of our hands as she skipped.

We walked out to find ourselves in the place that the  "Midnight Riders" would play their music in for a concert. The lights and everything else had been on. Like someone was here. I looked around to see two figures at the top where the set up was for the lights and such. They looked oddly familiar. I squinted to try see better.

Nick saw me and he looked into the direction I was looking at until his eyes widened. "Holy shit..." he whispered.

"What Hun? Who is it?" I asked. He turned to me and Ellie. "That's Rochelle and Coach." He said. I looked back to see them waving at us. They stopped messing around with the set up and came running to us.

"Holy shit it's you guys!!" Coach said sounding happy to see us. Rochelle had a smile on her face. "Nick, Ellis can I talk to you both for a second?" She said. We nodded, fearing the conversation because the last time we talked, she didn't seem very approving of Nick and i being Gay.

Coach took Ellie and he chatted and played with her while Rochelle, Nick and I had a chat.

"I just wanted to Apologize for how I behaved the last time we were with you guys. It was very immature for me to act the way I did and I feel terrible. If you guys want, we can travel together again? So it's safer for all of us and better for Ellie." She said. Nick and I looked at each other and nodded.

"Of course! We're family we've been with each other since the start and yes we had that problem and then splitting up but we realized that it's better to have more people in the group and Ellie has really missed you and Coach. She's feeling so many emotions. We finally told her about Nick and i dating and she didn't take it well but it was because her mother was a homophobic person, Ellie learned from it because her mother always told her being gay was a sin and such. We've sorted everything out though." I explained, she nodded.

"Okay, I appreciate you guys being so kind. I really don't deserve your kindness especially for how I acted but I appreciate it. And don't you worry about how others think, you guys are happy! And that's what matters, I think we all need a bit of happiness especially in a time like this. No matter what it is, as long as you guys are happy together then there shouldn't be any problem. People will come around. Ellie did." She said and smiled.

We hugged her and then we went back to Coach and Ellie.

A/N:Thanks so much to the reader that helped me with ideas and tips, I've given this book more chapters! A huge shoutout to them (I can't tag them, my bad!) for helping me with the tips and ideas!
I will keep updating as much as I can :)