[17]

I took one last look in the mirror, before I stepped out of my car. My gloss shined flawlessly, despite the lack of light around this area. I locked my door and walked towards the entrance of the club.

Ilang araw kong hindi pinansin ang dalawa at sinubukang hindi kausapin. Cairus tried to talk to me, but I don't want it. Naiinis rin ako sa kaniya dahil sa nangyari. I don't like how he acted that day and he didn't seem matured to me. Silang dalawa ni Prince.

Ngayon, napapaisip ako. Ano ba talaga ang nagustuhan ko kay Prince?

It's still a mystery I can't solve and I can't find any answer.

"Emma, over here!"

I made my way to the crowd and greeted some people. Sadie invited me to go with them to drink and go clubbing. I didn't mind. I have all the time for that.

"Emma!" she squealed and kissed my cheek. "Glad you came! This party wouldn't have been great, without you!"

I chuckled. "OA! This is your party, Sadie. It'll be great, even without me..."

The lights flickered around with loud cheers from the guests. Sadie drank a shot and cheered with her other friends. I greeted them too and mingled with them.

"Happy birthday!" We all shouted and jumped.

I wore a black sleeveless short dress and curled my hair into waves. I drank shots and took it easy, since I'll go home alone. Pag umuwi ako mamaya, baka tawagan ko nalang si Kuya o si Kale, or maybe sina Dane or Dash para sunduin ako.

My mind's a bit pre-occupied, and I just want a rest so I accepted all the previous invites of my friends to go to clubs and party. Alcohol has been my solution to everything. Temporarily, I forgot everything that has been happening in my life.

Nagsayaw ako sa dance floor at nakipagsayaw sa ibang mga lalaking nag-aya sa akin. I was a bit tipsy, but I could still stand on my own. I still know what I'm doing and I'm having fun! That's what matters right now, iyong masaya ako at walang iniisip sa buhay.

He held my waist and swayed our hips together. I giggled and held his hand as I danced to the beat. Nilapit niya ang labi niya sa tainga ko at hinigpitan ang kapit sa baywang ko. I closed my eyes, grooving to the music and swaying my hips to its beat.

"Wanna go home to my condo?" The guy asked and slightly raised his hands to reach my chest.

Agad akong napatingin sa kasayaw ko at lumayo. He was about to kiss me, when I stepped back and waved my hand.

"No, sorry..." I said and left him there. Ayokong sumama sa kaniya dahil alam ko ang pakay ng mga tulad niya. Guys like him, only like me for my face and body.

"Emma, come on! You're single, right?" I heard him say when I started making my way out of the crowd. "It doesn't hurt to have a little fun, hmm?"

I felt a bit weirded out. I know what he wants, and I'm not going to give it to him.

Uminom agad ako ng shot. The alcohol is starting to take its effect on me, but I managed to stand still with my heels. I'm not some
fucking weakshit that would surrender to this! Kaya ko pa!

Bumalik rin ako sa dance floor at nakisayaw ulit sa kanila. Some guys asked me out, but I ignored them. Wala akong panahon sa relasyon, and I don't need a man to satisfy me. I can do well on my own. Studies first, before guys!

Lasing na ako at alam ko yun, kaya bumalik na ako sa upuan. I called someone I trusted to fetch me. Bukas ko nalang kukunin ang kotse ko, pag ayos na ako. It's safer that way.