25: Game on

[A/N] It's been too long since I've last written in this glorious book. Song for this chapter is No Control by One Direction.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's Homeroom again, and I'm literally shaking in my boots. Not just because fall is almost over and it's cold, but because I'm scared. Zander is an egomaniac guy who wants nothing more than to hurt Aaron, myself, and anyone else in his way. I've been worried since he threatened me at lunch yesterday. The idea of him physically hurting someone makes me sick with worry.

"Are you okay?" Aaron asks me, waving a hand in front of my face. I blink rapidly, snapping out of my daze and focusing on his concerned face. I know that he's trying to figure out what's bothering me. He won't figure it out, though, unless I directly tell him.

"It's nothing," I lie, flipping through my math book. I pretend to look busy so I won't have to face his unmoved stare.

"I don't believe you, Callie, just tell me," he begs, closing the book gently. My eyes meet his, and my decision to lie to him automatically morphs into simply telling him the truth.

I sigh, "Okay, fine, but you're--"

"Callie and Aaron! I thought I told you two stop talking. Will a detention slip help you remember what it means to follow the rules?" Miss McKenna shouts. She tries to sound intimidating, but she fails... big time.

I roll my eyes as Aaron hesitates to turn back around in his seat. "No, ma'am, I'm fine. The orange slip doesn't work wonders, anyways."

She huffs, sitting back in her seat, muttering a warning of further my "intolerable disobedience."

"We'll talk later, okay?" I ask, biting on my lip. I'm not in the mood to talk when people are within ear shot.

He nods, taking my hand in his and squeezing it gently. The tension in my neck and shoulder eases as a result of his soothing action. "Don't sweat it, we'll figure this out," he says, smiling reassuringly.

I want to believe him, but I can't... at least not fully. Zander doesn't seem like he's messing around this time. 

To camouflage my doubt, I smile. Aaron turns back around in his seat, and I go back to staring at the blank board, trying to figure out how to get off of Zander's hit list.

* * * * *

"Is your song ready for the battle of the bands thing yet?" I ask Charlie and Al as I enter a practice room. I had to escape Mrs. McKenna's wrath; it was down right annoying to deal with. Letting out a sigh, I take a seat on the piano bench next to Charlie.

"Half way there," Al replies, strumming on the guitar. "We still have to write the other half of the lyrics for the song still."

"Can I hear it?"

They both glance at each other before answering me. "No, it would be best if you heard the finish project. Besides, we threw out the song you heard before and are in the process of writing a new one with the other members of the band," Charlie explains.

I nod, although I feel like they're hiding something. Al's sitting up straight in his chair, and the both of them are oddly quiet. Maybe I interrupted something when I invited myself in here.

I decide to ignore my suspicions and get on with life. "So you're not even going to tell me the title of it?" I ask, setting my bag on the ground with a soft thud.

"We don't know it yet!" Al laughs, shaking his head. "Silly girl," he adds, rolling his eyes.

I huff. "Alright then, do you even have a band name yet?"

"Yes, actually, Miss Know-It-All," he replies, strumming on his guitar mindlessly.

I raise an eyebrow, "And the name is...?"

"Dreamboat," he replies.

"No, we agreed on CALM Storm!" Charlie objects, annoyed.

"No, it was Dreamboat," Al says slowly, "Do you want to sound it out with me, 'cause you're not picking up what I'm putting down."

"Shut up, loser, the name is CALM Storm," he angrily sounds off, throwing his baseball cap at his face.

They both start throwing insults at each other, most of which I don't want to repeat. Their volume gradually becomes louder and louder, and Charlie is about to literally knock some sense into Al.

"Oh my gosh, both of you, shut up!" I yell over their loud voices. "All your ideas are lame, and I have a better idea for a band name, anyway."

Al throws himself back on his rolling chair and almost missed while Charlie sits back down on the hard piano bench. They are quiet and still, eyes trained on mine.

"Call yourselves 4 Days to Jupiter," I propose.

"Why that?" Charlie asks, grabbing his hat from Al's head.

"Because," I explain, "there are four of you in the band, and you're music will be 'out of this world.'"

They both sit silently for a minute or two, considering what I just said. I smile, satisfied that they both are done fighting. I flip my hair over my shoulder, proud of my accomplishment.

"That's stupid," Charlie concludes. "CALM Storm sounds so much more punk rock."

"No," Al counters. "Dreamboat sounds cooler. It has flair, unlike CALM Storm."

The bell rings, and I huff in defeat as the boys leave the room. I honestly think 4 Days to Jupiter sounds the best and fits their image a lot better than the weird names they came up with. Those names sound more like amusement park rides than band names. 

Maybe I'll just pitch my idea to Aaron later. I'm sure he'll love it as much as I do.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] creds to whammystyles for mentioning Dreamboat, it's a great book here on Wattpad.

Yay! I'm back, my homies, and every Friday, this book will have a new chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment, I read them all! I will also be dedicating chapters to loyal fans. I already have a few names float around in my brain. Maybe it's you!
---LOVE YOU ALL, Jamie :)