46: Promo Crusade

[A/N] Song for this chapter is Tal Uno by Barrie.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Guys, I have an idea," Luke says, barging into Aaron's room. Aaron and I are sprawled out on top of his bed, hunched over a math book. I came over to help him with his homework and didn't think I'd win a special visit from this string bean.

"Thanks for knocking," Aaron says, looking up at him. "So, what's up?"

"I have the perfect plan to finally win this prank war against Zander."

"Go ahead," I urge, "tell us."

"It's quite simply; make sure we win the Battle of the Bands. That way, we'll have the last laugh," Luke proposes.

"What kind of prank is that? There's no violence or trickery involved," I reply.

"Think about it, Callie. Isn't that what this whole thing is about?"

Well, I guess that's part of the reason why he's doing what he's doing. I don't want to sound vain, but wasn't his original goal to get me to be his? Obviously, that's not going to happen under my watch, but it's still part of his motive, right?

"We entered to win, didn't we?" Aaron asks. "So, Luke, we're all going to do everything in out power to win, meaning we all have to go full-blown out on this. Posters, merchandise, announcements all around school, notes shoved into lockers--"

Luke slow claps as a giant smile appears on his face. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about."

"Alright, sweet," Aaron grins, whipping out his phone, "I'll call Al, Charlie, and Shay to come over, and we can have an official band meeting."

* * * * *

"So what do you guys think?"

Al nods, thinking, as Charlie literally jumps off the couch in the living room and hugs Aaron. "It's genius!" Charlie exclaims. "Who says we can't promote the band to help us win?"

"I'm in, too," Al adds, "Zander can suck my--"

"Before you finish that thought," Shay laughs. "I'm also in."

"Cool," Luke smiles. "So who's going to be in charge of what?"

"I call designing posters!" I yell.

"I can organize a t-shirt sale if you design some logos, Callie," Shay says. "My cousin owns a t-shirt business so he'll probably make them for free. And we don't even have to sell it, we can just give them out, too."

"People love free stuff," I add.

"Okay, that's good," Luke acknowledges. "So who wants to make announcements?"

"I can do that," Al says, raising his hand. "The secretary in the office a good friend of mine. I can easily persuade her to hand over the P.A. microphone."

All action and excitement halts as we all stare at Al. "What?" he asks defensively. "She's only a few years older than us."

"Anyway," Aaron says, blinking rapidly and turning towards the group. "I can easily sneak into the printer room at school, copy filers, and hang them around school."

"Last but not least," Luke says, turning to Charlie. "You get last pickings."

"Well, we could host a mini concert to get people to hear our music. Is their any popular event we could set up at?" Charlie asks, scratching his head as he thinks.

"We could be the half-time show for a basketball game. We all know the cheerleaders suck anyways," Aaron proposes.

"Hey, I'm a cheerleader!" Shay retorts, but no one seems to hear her.

"The principal won't let us do that," I say, shaking my head. "Why don't you guys record your music, and we can play it as warm-up music for the basketball team. That could work."

"Yeah, we should save the live performance for the competition," Aaron also adds, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

Charlie nods. "Alright, I'll get onto it right now. Luke, where's your laptop at?"

We officially disband, getting to work on our separate duties. Shay and I grab printer paper from the office upstairs and start creating designs. Aaron logs onto his laptop and starts making a filer while Al disappears upstairs with the rest of the guys.

Before I know it, it's dark outside. I quickly text my dad so he knows where I am, and I clean up my working space on the coffee table. 

"I think this looks pretty good," Shay grins. "I can easily persuade Jason to print 100 shirts with this on it."

"Ooh, let me see!" Aaron pleads, rolling off the sofa and putting his laptop on the table. I know he was messing around the whole time playing Minecraft.

Either way, I hold up my simple doodle that serves as a logo. It's a cartoon-drawing of Jupiter with a big "4" in the middle. "It's pretty basic, but I think that it matches us as a band pretty well. Thank you, beautiful."

Aaron hugs me from behind and plants a kiss on my cheek. "Aww," Shay squeals. "You guys are just too cute."

"Put a sock in it, Shay," I playfully shoot back.

The door bell rings, and I look up at Aaron, confusion laced onto my face, "Who's that?"

"PIZZA IS HERE!" Aaron yells, excited, as he runs to answer the door. 

Wow, I think that boy is more in love with Italian food than his own girlfriend.

"Did I hear pizza?" Al asks, suddenly appearing at the bottom of the steps with Charlie and Luke hot on his heels.

"Yes, you did," the delivery girl smiles, eyeing Aaron as he grabs the boxes from her hands. "That would be $32.37, please."

Aaron hangs her a couple of bills. "Thank you, ma'am and keep the change." He closes the door and heads to the kitchen, opening the boxes for everyone. The boys run to the kitchen and stuff food into their faces.

"You guys are such pigs," Shay laughs, scooting around them to grab a water bottle out of the fridge.

"You love me though," Luke replies, winking at her. Shay blushes in response.

During times like these is when I feel the most at home. I'm not referring to a place but the people I'm surrounded by. 

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes, Luke is included in this, too.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Late update, I know, and I'm sorry. But, I know you all weren't expecting this, so SURPRISE! Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for reading :) Y'all are the best readers on the block ;)