53: Dance Party

[A/N] MY OTRA IS ON TUESDAY AND ITS MY FIRST CONCERT OMG IM SO EXCITED!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's Friday, and it's 6:00 PM exactly. Aaron texted me 20 minutes ago to dress up nicely for a mystery event, so I threw on a simple black dress and a sparkling necklace. I tap my foot on the floor, glancing at my silver watch again. "You look nice, sweetie," my dad says from his relaxed position on the couch.

I smile, smoothing out my dress. "Thanks, dad."

"Is Asher taking you out to eat?"

"It's Aaron."

"That's what I meant."

I shrug. "I don't know, he said it's a surprise."

"If he pulls anything, kick his sorry ass back to Tennessee."

I laugh as the door bell rings. "He won't, but you know I will if I have to."

"That's my girl." He opens the door, and Aaron is standing on the doorstep dressed in a black shirt and a gray overcoat, garnished with a bandanna, of course. He looks... striking. 

"Hello, again, Aaron," my dad says from the couch.

He smiles. "Hi, Mr. Russe. Long time no see."

My father's hand claps me on the shoulder. "Have fun, kiddo, see you at 11:00 this time, right?"

"Yes, okay, bye," I reply, throwing on my coat and closing the door shut behind me so I'm face-to-face with Aaron.

"Hi," he giggles, kissing my nose.

"Hi," I say, hugging him. "Aren't you cold? Where's your winter jacket?"

"Who needs that when I have you." He shifts my arms so they're around his neck, picking me up bridal style.

"Hey, put me down," I laugh. He almost slips on ice, and I let out a small scream, clutching his neck tighter. "Gosh, you almost killed us."

"I'm not going to let that happen, Cal, you know that." He sets me back down on the ground right in front of the passenger side of his Audi and opens the door for me. I slide in as he rounds the car, and we're off in no time.

"Are you hungry?" he asks.

I nod. "Yup."

"Good, because we're going to crash a wedding."

I choke on air, having a coughing fit. "Woah, wait, are you serious?"

"Well, I'm kidding, but the band landed a last-minute gig at Charlie's cousin's wedding. Apparently something went wrong with the DJ's equipment, and we're their quick fix."

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. I thought for sure Aaron was taking us out on our first official date, but I'm clearly wrong.

We arrive at a hotel downtown and pull up my the front door. The valet helps us unload the instruments from the trunk and drag it into the social hall. Luke, Charlie, and Al conveniently join us when everything's already set up.

"Have fun, babe," I say, kissing him on the cheek.

"Enjoy the show because, one day, they won't be for free," he replies, pinching my hip. I giggle, sitting at an empty table with a neglected glass of champagne between my fingers.

They sing a bunch of their original songs, which were spectacular, and a couple other ones I didn't really recognize. I spend most the night by myself, sipping on water and watching the boys go crazy in front of a dancing mob of people. It's fun to watch them let loose and have fun.

"Thanks for listening, everyone! We're going to let the DJ take over for the rest of the night. Goodnight!" Luke shouts into the microphone.

The four piece waltzes to where I am, and a sweaty Aaron sits next to me. He slips off his jacket and drinks from a water bottle. "So I guess the DJ got his stuff fixed?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Bummer, you guys were so good."

Aaron smiles. "Aww, thanks, babe."

"Ooh!" Al shouts as "Lean On" starts playing. "This is my song! Let's go dance!"

Al drags Luke out of his chair and sprints to the dance floor, doing the whip and nae nae. A tiny brunette laughs at him, and he immediately picks her up and spins her around.

"Wow, he can dance," Chalie says. "Why did I never know that he had that hidden talent?"

"I don't know, but let's go join him!" Just like Al, I push Chalie onto the wooden floor and dance with him. Charlie obviously can't dance like Al, so he just jumps around and plays the air guitar.

I glance at Aaron, who's smiling to himself back at the table, eyes glued to me. I motion for him to join us, but he shakes his head. Rolling my eyes, I march over to him, grab him by his shirt, and force him to dance. "Feisty," he laughs, grabbing me by my hips and hugging me from behind. I feel his chin dig into the crook of my neck, curls ticking my cheek.

I casually and quickly grind against him before running and hoping on Chalie's back.

"Gosh, Callie, you're so heavy!" he complains, adjusting his hold on my legs. I giggle, watching a shocked Aaron point at me. "I'm putting you down, you're breaking my spine."

He sets me back down just as Aaron grabs my hand and spins me around, suddenly stopping me when I hit his chest. "You're fearless tonight. Truly fearless."

"It's a wedding, isn't it?"

Instead of answering me, he presses his lips against mine, smiling into our kiss. I slip my tongue into his mouth, tasting the mint from his gum. I play with the hair on his neck, wrapping it around my finger and tugging it teasingly.

"Break it up, you guys, there's a kid watching," Luke says, pushing Aaron away from me and ruining our intimate moment. I glance to my left, noticing a little boy watching us with big blue eyes. I laugh, casually untangling myself from him. I dance away, joining Al and doing the nae nae with him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] okay so I thought this chapter was silly. Hope you all had fun reading it :)

Don't forget to vote :) Thanks for getting me to 10k in total! Love you all. And thanks for getting HR ranked!