48: Diner Duos

[A/N] Song for this chapter is Home by Phillip Phillips. PS: thank you for reading :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey, Aaron?" I ask once we are seated comfortably in his car.

"Yeah?" he replies, brushing a few snowflakes out of his hair. Most of it already melted in the warmth of his Audi.

"Do you still work at the diner downtown?"

"Yeah, why?"

I shift uncomfortably in the passenger seat. "Do you think the owner still hates me for giving her the finger?"

"No, Mrs. Daniels probably doesn't even remember that. And if she does, she won't say anything about it."

"Well in that case, can we stop by there? I want to say hi to Jillian. I haven't seen her in a while."

Aaron nods, smiling. "Sure, babe."

The ride to the diner nearly gave me a heart attack. Aaron was traveling way too fast (though he says he was being cautious and driving slowly), and he almost hit a telephone pole. The car was sliding the entire time, but Aaron was determined to keep the car on the road and out of the ditch. Surprisingly, he we didn't crash.

When he safely pulls into a parking space, I let out a huge breath of air that I was holding. I let go of the handle hanging above my head and relax against the leather seat. "You have so much faith in me," Aaron says, sarcastically.

"You idiot, you almost killed us," I counter, shooting a glare at him.

He leans on the center console and presses a kiss on my cheek. "It's all over, for now, at least. Calm down, Callie."

I huff, giving in. "Alright, fine."

"Wonderful," he replies, nudging my chin with his thumb and pointer finger and aligning it with his. He eyes my lips, biting on his in the process. I simply smile to myself and make a move. Aaron hums into our kiss, pulling on my bottom lip and growling. I laugh and he lets go, pressing a couple quick pecks on my lips. "C'mon, let's go it."

I hop out of his car  and walk into the diner with him. The lady I gave the finger to a while ago smiles at him from behind the counter. "Aaron, it's so nice to see you again, my dear. Go take a seat wherever you'd like, darling." The lady winks at me as Aaron thanks her and drags me to an empty table for two against the windows.

"I was thinking about getting a cup of hot chocolate, what about you?" I ask, paging through the menu.

"How about we split a piece of cheesecake with it?"

My nose crinkles. "Ew, no."

He gasps, his hazel eyes widening. "You don't like cheesecake?"

I shake my head. "It tastes weird."

"Alright, how about we split a piece of cake."

I smile. "Okay, chocolate?"

Aaron nods. "Perfect."

"Oh my gosh, Callie!" a familiar voice yells, excited. Jillian rushes to our table and gives me a giant hug. I laugh, pulling her close to me. "What a wonderful surprise!"

"Your hair!" is all I can say in reply. It's a beautiful shade of lilac that complements her pale complexion.

"Why, thank you. At least someone likes it. Aaron and Luke keep calling me Tinky-Winky," Jillian says with the roll her eyes. Luke laughs as he passes behind her, ruffling her hair. Jillian smacks him on his way out, and he yelps, going back to being a bust boy in silence.

Huh, I didn't know Luke worked here, too.

"Alright, so what can I get you two love birds?"

We tell her our order, and she takes it straight to the kitchen. In the meantime, Aaron and I get into a playful argument about the best superheros in Marvel history. Right as I'm about to defend Spider Man, someone interrupts our conversation. "Hey, Callie," Hutch greets, coming to our table with a beautiful model of a girlfriend on his arm. She chews on her gum disinterestedly as she gives me the up-down look.

"Hi," I greet back, irritated. "Hutch, this is my boyfriend, Aaron. Aaron, this is Shay's older brother."

Aaron cordially stands and sticks out his hand out."Hi, nice to meet you."

Hutch shakes it, forcing a smile. "Pleasure." He looks over at me, and I don't smile. "Alright, we'll be on our way. Nice seeing you again, Callie."

I nod, arms crossed, and watch him exit the building. "What was up with him?" he asks. "He seemed kind of stuck-up."

I roll my eyes. "At one point in time, he took me to prom. He must miss the good old days or something."

"So you two used to be a thing?"

"No, Aaron, a fling for only about a week."

"So you....and him.... well, you know..." He trails off, turning a bit pink.

"Oh, gosh no," I clarify.

"Virgin?" he smiles mischievously.

I blush, turning away for a second to see Jillian coming with our order. "FOOD!" I exclaim, changing the subject. Aaron raises his eyebrows, smirking at me.

"Alright, cuties, I got two cups of hot chocolate and a big hunk of cake for you both," she says. "Enjoy!"

"Thanks, Tinky-Winky," Aaron snickers. Jillian slaps him on the back of the head before walking away. I laugh as he rubs the tender spot she created. "Geez, that woman knows how to slap someone really well."

I giggle, eating a piece of cake and moaning in delight. The cake and service made the treacherous trip here worth it. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N] Thank you for reading! You guys also got Homeroom ranked number 313!!! :) THANK YOU ILY ALL.