ten - just friends

Song of the Chapter: Take Over -- Nick Jonas

**

RILEY's POV (omfg you weren't expecting this haha yayyyyayyy)

Black Friday is definitely my least favorite holiday... if it even is a holiday.

First of all, my friends were a pain in the ass when I willingly (this actually means by force) went to the mall with them.

Bailey spent too much money, Ronnie walked too fast, and Tyrone...? Eh, he was just like me. Except for he probably hated Black Friday more than I did.

"Ronnie, slow down!" Bailey called after our friend who was way past us while we were behind a slow-walking crowd. "No one else is able to walk so fast because we're actually carrying our own bags."

"Actually, uh, I'm not." I said to Bailey. She was in front of me, giving me a view of only her long, bright hair.

"I made them carry my bags." Ronnie called to Bailey from afar. She was facing us, waiting for us to catch up to her. A few strangers stared at her for speaking so loud.

I looked over at Tyrone. He had a handful of bags too. Some were his, some were Ronnie's. But I had most of Ronnie's bags since I didn't buy anything and wasn't planning on it.

Ronnie wasn't holding anything. She always made me and Tyrone hold her stuff.

"Well you're just lazy." Bailey groaned, "Riley, why would you let her take advantage of you like that?"

"Hey, he owes me!" Ronnie insisted. She pointed at me, but I acted like I had no clue what she was talking about.

Bailey looked at me confused. I just shrugged.

"Don't put on that cute face and pretend you didn't do anything wrong! You drank all of the strawberry KoolAid I made last night while you were over at my house!" Ronnie claimed. She was still yelling and more and more people turned their heads to see what all of this was about.

"I didn't drink your stupid KoolAid Ronnie!" I yelled back. "It was Tyrone!" I pointed at Tyrone.

He gave me a strange look. "Are you blaming it on me because I'm black?" He asked.

"Of course not." I replied, holding back the urge to laugh. "But we all know it was you--"

"I wasn't even at Ronnie's house last night. You think my mom would let me out on Thanksgiving night?" Tyrone asked.

I didn't know what else to say. Especially because I was the one who drank all of the KoolAid, and Tyrone looked like he wanted to punch me.

"It's cool, Tyrone. Riley just doesn't wanna admit that he drank it all." Ronnie said. She then scowled at me and I grinned sheepishly.

Last night was a crazy night.

Well, not really crazy. Just a little different. For me I guess.

My friends and I are total losers. Of course any friend would say that about the people they hang out with, but if I was someone well-known at school and in this small town, like, maybe Jonathan Case or Jennifer Bradely, I would think the same about my friends.

We really are losers. And that was coming from a guy who is currently one of the most praised guys on the Varsity basketball team-- not to sound cocky. Although anyone at Ridgeway High School could say I'm a pretty skilled basketball player, I didn't have much friends. I'm pretty sure people only pay attention to me because I'm just a tenth grader and I made it to the Varsity basketball team, but it's whatever, right? Just 'cause I'm on the team doesn't mean I'm good at making friends.