thirteen - pretty lips

Song of the Chapter: Bed Peace - Jhené Aiko ft. Childish Gambino

CAUTION!!! Forgive me for this. Sexual content, so read at your own risk!!!1!1!

***

CAMRYN's POV

I woke up tired, confused, and frustrated from yesterday.

I remembered everything. I remembered Bryce walking away from me, talking to Sean, Evan and I kissing in JC's guest room, me saying I had to go to avoid taking off my sweatshirt, walking into JC's room and finding him and Swathi sucking each other's faces off, feeling sick and dizzy, holding on to Chase to help my balance, him driving me home, and me figuring out how to sneak in without my dad noticing, but finding no way to do it so I had no choice but to ring the doorbell.

Last night was the worst. I was so excited to collapse onto my bed and just thinking about sleeping made me happy. Chase made me happy too.

Speaking of Chase, he was the sweetest to me. Although his driving skills were sloppy (I wasn't expecting them to be good because he didn't even have a license) I felt normal again when he and I were having a conversation.

Although I was nervous as hell to talk to him, it was like he was my friend the whole time. We talked and he made me laugh after crying hysterically for no reason at all. He didn't ask me what happened which was perfect because I wasn't going to tell anyone. I didn't want to tell anyone. Even if it was someone like him who made me feel comfortable.

I remember him saying, "So I guess you didn't like the party?" in an amused tone.

I responded, "Yeah, parties aren't my thing."

After that, he almost ran into a stop sign and yelled, "Shit!" That caused me to burst out laughing.

Being with him and only him for the first time made me realize why I ever started liking him in the first place. He was cute and he always seemed like a cool person to talk to. Too bad I was always too scared to talk to him.

He almost got us killed a dozen times while driving, but I was so glad I got home safely and he was there for me when I needed someone.

Once I got out of his car, I faced the devil in his natural habitat. My dad.

Once Chase drove off (after giving me his number... yes!) I walked to my dad's front porch, realizing there was no way I could get to my room without the alarm system going off.

My hands began to shake again as I pressed the doorbell.

I remember the expression on his face after taking so long to open the door. When he saw me standing there, his eyebrows raised, then lowered into an angered look. He then rubbed his eyes and let me in. "Camryn," he said, "remember what I told you about staying out too late? Does your mother let you do this?" He went on and on about how upset he was, and how he was worried sick about me.

Lies. If he was worried, he would've called. He would've not fallen asleep either. He would've sent me a million text messages asking where I was and if I was okay like my mother did. But he didn't. So he wasn't worried.

I remember not caring what he was saying. I walked past him, trying to get up the stairs without saying anything to him.

"Camryn, are you even listening to me?" he said, but I was too tired to even listen.

"Sorry, I just lost track of time," I responded carelessly. I carried on up the stairs.

I remember him saying, "This better not happen again, young lady, or you're going to be in serious trouble."