nineteen - hypocrite

Song of the Chapter: Numb - Nick Jonas ft. Angel Haze

***

JC's POV

"Did you hear?" Bryce's voice blabbed out of my phone once I answered.

I rolled my eyes. "Bryce, I really don't want to talk right now. I have a headache." I wasn't lying. I woke up angry, got ready for school angry, went to school and saw Swathi and I was really happy, and then I sat in my assigned seat next to Camryn in biology and felt horrible for what I said to her, then throughout the day, those emotions switched over and over and over again and that's when my headache developed.

"Do you need some tampons or something? Dude this is important." Bryce declared.

"And so is my need to kick your balls," I replied. Then, my headache worsened when I thought about all of the pain Bryce would be in.

Now my balls were aching. Great.

"Ouch," I heard Bryce say. "Dude, I really love Camryn."

I narrowed my eyes, wishing Bryce was in front of me so I could send him the most evil look ever. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"She fucked Evan and now I have major depression."

"Bryce, no you d-- wait, she did what?"

Bryce was silent for a while. I on the other hand, was about to explode into a fit of rage. No she didn't. No she didn't. No. She. Didn't.

"She fucked Evan, he told me."

"Bryce, you're a stupid piece of shit," I groaned. "Evan's a liar."

"So you think that if I call Camryn right now and ask her, she'd say he's lying?" Bryce asked.

"What the hell? Don't call her," I warned.

"I won't. I'm too stubborn."

I didn't realize I was no longer lying on my bed until I almost tripped over my backpack while pacing. "You don't even talk to Evan. Why would he tell you about his business with Camryn? He doesn't even have any business with Camryn. She's a fucking prude."

Not anymore, I thought, then quickly shook it away. Stop. Camryn's a nice girl. She would never have sex with Evan.

But as much as I kept telling myself it wasn't true, she did admit to giving him head, and that made me want to throw up.

Why did Evan have to go for her? She's so good. She's fragile and shy and-- oh, of course he'd go for her. She's fragile and shy and a virgin. Or at least she was. How could I be so clueless?

"I'm not lying, JC!" Bryce cried. "She really did have sex with him. I know because he asked me if I still liked her and my dumbass said, 'no, I love her' and then he got all defensive and told me that they had sex last night in her room. In her bed! God, I am so angry--"

"Look, Bryce, I told you," I began, sitting back down on my bed, "I don't care about Camryn anymore. I hate her."

No I don't. In fact, I hated Evan so much for doing this to Camryn. She didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve to be taken advantage of. I mean, I guess I did it all the time to girls, but Camryn? Not even I would try anything on her.

"And how would Evan ask you if you liked her anyway? He didn't even know your name before."

"Everyone knows my name," Bryce stated. "And everyone knows I'm in love with Camryn. That's why Evan asked."