Girls will be girls.

ZAC'S POVV 

I was thinking that how can I make things not awkward between Ella and me? I get it that she doesnt love me, but I still love her. And I cant just leave her out of my life. I kept thinking about Ella when I heard my mom talk on the phone with someone at the table.

I tried to listen to her, but all I heard was "So, how's Ella and Jessica doing? I'm sure this is very hard for you and - "

Why was she talking about Ella? Who was she talking to? She was probably talking to Ellas mom. My mom and Ellas mom are like bestfriends. She finally ended her call and sat next to me at the table, quietly having her breakfast, she seemed a bit sad, I couldnt resist so I asked her. 

"Who were you talking to, Mom?" I asked her acting like I didnt hear a thing.

"Oh Ella's mom.." she replied.

"Is everything okay? You look a bit tensed!"

"Yeah, it's just that I feel so sorry for them!"

"For Ella and her family? What happened? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're fine.. You do know that Ella's dad has moved out. And they'll probably be getting a divorce. It's such a shame, they were such a happy family!"

"Waiiit, what? Her dad moved out? She didnt even tell me? "

"Oh, Well. Honey, you should be with her right now. It's going to be a hard time for her! She probably needs a friend in this time."

"Oh ofcourse, mom..

I quickly ate my breakfast, and went to school. All I wanted to do was to go and hug El and talk to her. This explains so much! Lately she's been so distracted. My poor El. I'm such a mean person. I was so hard on her..

I saw her sitting outside the school on a bench, all alone and so queit. Unlike the usual El.

"Hey beautiful" I said to her with a smile.

"Oh hey, Zac!"

"How are you, El?"

"I'm good.. You? I thought you wouldnt ever talk to me!"

"why wouldnt I? It doesnt matter that we didnt make it, You're my friend first and you'll always be my friend. And I'll always be there for you, El. " I said while tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Thanks.. zac!"

"Now, tell me what's bugging you lately? "

"Nothing.. Zac!"

"El, I heard about your dad. Now there's no need to hide it. You know you can talk to me about anything. I'm here for you.. ok? "

" Thankyou again, Zac. But there's really nothing I have to say. that's the weirdest part! I literally have no thoughts on this. What should I say? That my life is being a bitch? That will just be complaining. I get it, I'm going through a hard time, I'll pass through it. You dont need to be sorry for me! " 

"I'm not feeling sorry for you, El. I know you will pass through it. But I just want you to know, that no matter how hard your life will get, I'll be right behind you. ok? Best friends for life?" I said with a smile.

"Yes, Forever and ever." she replied with a laugh.  

******

ELLA'S POVV

Ok...? Zac is acting awkwardly nice? Why does he even care if my parents are getting a divorce? I dont even care.. I mean, they can go to hell.. or whatever.