The Dress.

Next day 

ELLA'S POVV 

It was almost recess time, but I was just standing by my locker, occasionally staring Jenny and Max get all romantic in the school hall way. They really know how to put a love display. I mean, what the hell is going on? Max kisses me, and then goes with Jenny. Oh, and look now they're locking lips. That's just great! Sigh.. I guess I do deserve this. I deserve being alone. 

While I was staring at Jenny and Max, Dylan just passed me and gave me a wink. What a guy he is! It's so weird, I'm going to the prom with him.. and nobody even knows we're friends. Kind of like Secret Prom, shh! 

Everyone was acting all * Love is in the air * and it's so annoying. C'mon people! Get over yourself! Even Nicole and Sara were being all cute and aww. Ugh.. I guess, I was this annoying too when I was dating Max. Sigh.. He doesnt even have a clue how much I miss him.. 

I just passes Max my oh- so sad puppy eyes. And, he looked a bit guilty. I went outside and sat down on the school stairs. I couldnt stop thinking about Max and the amazing time I spent with him. I still remembered the first time I met him.. It was so delightful to see him!

Suddenly the door opened, I looked behind and it was Max. He gave me a smile and sat next to me.

He looked at me and pointed at the place where we ran into each other, and said "That's where I met you!"

I looked at him and said "I know. How can I forget?"

"It's funny how things have changed, no?" He said with a smile.

"I know. When did you and me grew apart, Max?"

"I dont know, Ella. " he said.

"I miss you. " I said softly. 

"I miss you too, babe. " he said and tuckled my hair behind my ear. He leaned in and whispered to me " I miss you a lot!" 

I could feel his breath on my nick. I didnt care if he was spoken of, I just kissed him. And he kissed me back. But after a while, he quickly stopped and pulled himself away. He gave me a serious look and said "Ella, I'm with Jenny.." 

"Uh..um..uh.." I mumbled.

"Look, i know that it's weird for you how we're not together. But lets just not kiss again! I mean, I love kissing you. And all.. but we're not together, Ella. We're done! that's what you wanted!" He said and got up and left.

He's right! That's what I wanted. But kissing him made all the loneliness go away.. Why was I acting so weird! what the hell is wrong with me! I need to pull myself together!

********** 

I was sitting on the benches, near the football ground, watching Zac play. I wanted to ask him if he wants to hang out. His practice was about to be over, when Skylar came and sat next to me. 

"Hey Ella. " Skylar said to me.

"Oh hi. What're you doing here?" I asked her.

"Waiting for Zac.. " she said with a smile.

Zac just finished his practice. He was sweating like hell, and came sat with both of us.

"Helloo. Ella!" He said with a big smile.

"Hey Zac! Should I grab a towel for you? You're sweating like hell!" I said.

"No no. It's fine.. So what's up?"

"I was wondering.. that maybe you would like to hang out after school?"  

"Oh.. I dont know, El? I'm going out with Sky.. Some other time,?" He said with a pleasing smile.