The Bitter Truth.

ELLA'S POV 

I was just casually sitting with Sara outside the school. She was telling me how things are with Matt and her. I'm so happy for them. Matt is a really great guy. He's one of the guys I have known since I was very small. It's a small town, not a lot of people.. But, then I saw Dylan chatting with that blonde hot girl. Why was he talking to her? And, look at them, they're laughing! He's touching her hand. Why would he do that? 

"Helloo.. you there?" Sara said trying to snap me out of my thoughts. 

"yeah.. Do you know who that is?" I pointed at the blonde chick.

"Yeah.. she's a new girl. Her name is Betty Holmes."

"Oh..  should I be worried that Dylan is talking to her?" 

"Yeah.. maybe you should. You know, Dylan is not really reliable." Sara said.

"Well, you're right. He even passed her a smile today."

"El, can I ask you something?" Sara said.

"Sure?"

"Are you sure Dylan feels the same way about you?"

"yeah.. ofcourse! I mean, I told you we kissed."

"I know.. But maybe he just kissed you, he really didnt mean anything." Sara said. 

"But but.. I asked him, if we were more? and he said that we're very special?" I added. 

"But, he didnt say that he loves you back? Did he?"

"No..But I know he feels the same way. I know he loves me. " I said.

"Well, if that's true then I'm happy for you, El."

"Yeah.. "

I kept thinking about what Sara said. I was so scared what if Dylan really didnt mean it. What if he gets involved with Betty? I cant believe I fell for him. So stupid of me! I should have kept my senses alert. But, I believe Dylan is more than that. I believe he wouldnt let me down. I know I can trust him. He's a good guy.. I think.

***********

For a couple of days, Dylan had been acting pretty weird. He wasnt really interested in talking or anything. He was always with that Blonde chick. I didnt want to annoy him, or be clingy. I made some plans with my friends. But, obviously I wanted to know what was up. And also the rumours that I have been hearing about Betty werent really good. I heard she was great at getting guys, and that she was very interested in Dylan Hawk. She's so gorgeous, nobody can really compare with her.

I wanted to talk to Dylan, so I was waiting by his locker to find him. And then I saw him having a good laugh with Betty. I couldnt resist it, so I just bugged in. 

"Hi, Dylan. " I said with a cheesy smile.

"Oh hey, Lil' El. " Dylan said.

"Hi.. I'm Ella. and you're ?" I asked Betty.

"Hah. So, you're serious you dont know my name?" She said in a very proud way.

"Not really. " I answered back.

"Betty Holmes. Nice to meet you, Ella. " She replied and then licked her lip.  

"Ella is the most awesome person, ever. " Dylan said to Betty.

"Haha. Nahh. Dylan is more Awesome. " I said with a laugh.

Dylan put his arm around me and said "Haha, maybe I'll agree."

"I think I agree too. Dylan sure is one of a kind. " Betty said with a wink, and gave a little punch to Dylan. Was she flirting with him? Oh hell no. And she wears High Heels like 24/7. I looked like a midget infront of her.