Chapter 38

Veronica is super excited and holds Archie's hand tightly as they walk into their hotel room. Archie pushes the door open and lets Veronica walk in first. She looks around the room with a big smile on her face. There is a king size bed in the middle and a big tv. A master bathroom and a sweet little kitchen which they definitely won't use. She stops in front of the balcony. The view is absolutely amazing. She opens the door and walks outside. The warm sun shines into her face, the wind lightly blows in her hair. She can see the ocean, the beautiful ocean. She closes her eyes and listens to the waves that break softly towards the shore.

"Happy anniversary my beautiful Ronnie" Archie smiles. He wraps his arms around her waist from behind and kisses her cheek before he rests his head on top of hers.

"Happy anniversary Archiekins" she tilts her head slightly to look up to him but his eyes are closed.

"Hey" she whines "kiss me!"

His eyes slowly flutter open. He smirks and looks down to her before he spins her around, pulls her against his chest and kisses her passionately. "I love you" he whispers.

"I love you too. Thank you for this. This is absolutely amazing, beautiful. It must have cost you a fortune"

"Don't think about that. It makes you happy so it was worth every single penny"

"Archie?"

"Mhm" he smiles. His thumbs stroke her side.

"I don't want to ruin this moment but can we come here again some day, with Ev"

"Of course honey. We got a lifetime to do that"

Veronica giggles. She wraps her arms around him and leans her head against his chest. Her eyes are closed. "A lifetime" she whispers "that sounds great"

She can feel his lips on top her head and melts into his embrace. Archie makes her feel so loved, special and beautiful. She keeps her eyes closed as she enjoys Archie's finger trace up and down her back. "I love holding you like this but I've made some plans and we need to get ready for that"

"What kind of plans" she asks excitedly.

"You'll see. Get into some comfy clothes"

•••

"So where are we going?" Veronica asks as they walk on the beach hand in hand. The sand tickles between their toes and the evening sun lets Veronica's skin look golden.

"We will enjoy our little walk on the beach and then have dinner"

"Oh that sounds good. I'm starving" Veronica giggles.

She looks around and admires the beautiful nature of Cape Town. She stops walking, squeezes Archie's hand and places her other on his chest. She gets on her tiptoes and kiss his cheek lovingly. "This is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Thank you for making my dream come true. I love you Archie"

"I love you too honey. I'd do anything for you" he turns his head and kisses her lips.

They continue their walk when Veronica's eyes suddenly widen. She looks at a huge blanket in the sand. There are pillows on it and some more blankets. Around it there are a bunch of fairy lights and red roses.

"Oh look how beautiful" Veronica sighs as her eyes linger over the romantic setup. "Someone will make his girl really happy" She squeezes Archie's hand and wants to continue walking but Archie doesn't move a bit and pulls her back into his arms.