Chapter 21

~Saturday~

Veronica was really excited for date night. She loves spending time with Archie and Everleigh but she sometimes also enjoys some kid free time. She loves how much Archie cares and how much effort he puts in every single date. But when Veronica woke up or better got woken up by her screaming daughter her dreams about date night shattered.

It was only five in the morning when Veronica stormed into Everleigh's room. She expected everything but not what she saw. Her little girl sits in her bed, hands reaching forward and shaking lightly. There is puke all over her blanket and her pjs.

"Mommy" she cries.

"It's okay love. I'll clean that" Veronica sighs while she opens the window in Everleigh's room. "Get up slowly and walk into the bathroom. I'll be right with you"

The little girl nods and gets up. Veronica ties her hair in a bun before she strips the bedsheets, grabs the blanket and the pillow case and follows Everleigh into the bathroom. She puts all the in puke covered things including Everleigh pjs into the washing mashing and presses the start button. Then she lifts her daughter into the bathtub and begins to let warm water run over her head.

"Mommy my tummy hurts" she mumbles.

Veronica just now realizes how red her daughter's cheeks are. She presses her hand against her forehead and bites the inside of her lip. "I think you have a fever love"

Tears form in Everleigh's eyes. Her bottom lip quivers.

"Oh no sweetheart, don't cry. It okay. We will clean you real quick and then you can go back to sleep in mommy's bed, okay?"

"Okay"

After Veronica blow dried Everleigh's long hair a little so it's not dripping wet she picks the little girl up and carries her to her bed.

"I'll get you a blanket real quick honey. I love you but I don't want to get sick so you'll use your own blanket.

Everleigh nods. A cough leaves her little body. Her eyes are closed again already.

"Sweetheart I have some plastic bags next to the bed. If you need to puke, please tell me in time okay?"

"Yeah mommy"

"Okay" Veronica whispers. She kisses her daughter's head before she walks into Everleigh's room and gets a fresh blanket. When she comes back, her little girl is already fast asleep.

•••

Veronica sits on the couch. Everleigh's legs are over her lap. The raven haired woman softly strokes her daughter's stomach while the little girl simply stares up at the ceiling.

Veronica sighs. She reaches for her phone and calls her boyfriend. She needs to cancel date night before she forgets. He picks up almost immediately.

"Hi Archiekins" she smiles.

"Hey babe, what's up"

She sighs again "I'm sorry but I have to cancel our date tonight. Ev is sick"

"Oh no. What's wrong?"

"She has a fever and is coughing. She also threw up a couple of times"

"Poor little baby"