Chapter 15

Archie and I grew close quickly. He was the sweetest and kindest man I've ever met. When Michael left I stopped believing in love. I thought no one would ever love me again because I was a mom, a single mom. Boys want to enjoy their 20's before they even thinking about kids but Archie was different. He loved Everleigh. After she found out Archie and I were more than just friends we started kissing and showing affection in front of her, not a lot but a little and she was totally fine with it.
I remember one day, we were dating for six months and he met Everleigh three months earlier. I had a doctor's appointment and no one to watch my little girl so I asked him and he agreed without asking any questions.

Veronica sighs relieved when she hears a knock on the front door. She's already in her shoes and jacket.
She opens the door and Archie stands in front of her with a big smile on his face and two roses in his hand.

"Hello there" he grins

"Hi Archiekins" Veronica says as she grabs her purse from the floor. "I don't have much time. I'm already late. This won't take long. I'll be back in like two hours"

She was about to walk past Archie out of the door but he grabs her arm and pulls her against his chest. "Is there enough time for a kiss?"

Veronica giggles. She gets on her tiptoes and places a soft little kiss on his lips. "Thank you for doing this"

"Of course"

"I need to go now"

"Okay" he chuckles. He kisses her again before she spins out of his arms and walks towards the elevators. Archie walks into the apartment. Just as he closes the door behind him Everleigh walks towards him. She's wearing a pink tulle dress and has a little tiara on her head. She gasps when he sees him and starts to run.

"Archie!" she squeals as she jumps into his arms.

"Hello princess Everleigh"

"Where is mommy?" the little girl asks, looking around the apartment with her arms around Archie's neck.

"She has a doctor's appointment. She will be back soon but until then we can play" he says as he sets her back down.

Everleigh giggles and claps her hands.
"Flowers" she smiles and points at the two roses in his hand.

"Yeah, one for you and one for mommy but she ran out of the door before I could give it to her"

Everleigh giggles. She steps closer to Archie and wraps one arm around his leg. "Which one is mine?"

"Which one do you want?"

"Pink"

"Okay then the red one is for mommy" he says and walks over to the kitchen counter with Everleigh's arms still around his leg. He places the roses on the counter and looks down to Everleigh.

"What now?"

"Do you want to be a princess too? Just like me"

"I'd love to be a princess"

"Come with me" she says and grabs his hand. She pulls him to her room and tells him to sit down on the floor. She gets a box full of children's make up, hair ties and other hair supplies.