Chapter 30

Archie sits on the couch. Veronica sits between his legs. Her back rests against his chest and his hands stroke her stomach.
"How are you babe? Any morning sickness?"

"No not yet. I'm fine" she smiles.

"Were you sick with Ev?"

"Not really"

"You're a lucky woman" he chuckles.

"Mhm" she grins. She tilts her head and places a kiss to his jaw. "Talking about Ev, where is she?"

"Asleep?" Archie says. He shrugs. He's not really sure.

"Archiekins, it's past 9. Usually she's up by now. Can you check on her please?"

"Sure" he smiles. He kisses her cheek before he sits up and moves backwards so he can get up.
A couple minutes later he walks back with Everleigh in his arms. Her head rests on his shoulder and her arms are around his neck.

"Morning sweetheart" Veronica giggles.

"Mama" she mumbles. Archie places her in Veronica's lap. The little faces her and leans into her chest.

"Are you okay honey? You slept so long today"

"Mhm"

Archie sits down next to the girls and wraps his arm around Veronica. He kisses her cheek a couple of times and then Everleigh's head.

Veronica chews her bottom lip and runs her fingers up and down her daughter's back.

"Sweetie?"

"Mhm"

"Do you wish for a sibling sometimes?"

"That's a really risky question honey" Archie chuckles.

Everleigh frowns and sits up. She stares at Archie before her gaze moves back to Veronica.

"Yes" she whines and dramatically falls back into Veronica's arms. "It's so boring sometimes. I want someone to play with. Someone I can draw pictures with or play catch. Daddy is so slow. It's no fun to play catch with him"

"Ey!" Archie says and taps his finger against her shoulder. "I'm not slow"

"You are daddy" Everleigh says, rolling her eyes and holding on tighter to Veronica.

"Back to my question" Veronica giggles. "So that was a yes? You want a sibling?"

"Yes"

"Good" Veronica grins. She looks to Archie who nods with a big smile on his face before she looks back at her daughter. "Because mommy has a baby in her tummy"

Everleigh gasps. She covers her mouth with her hands and just stares at Veronica for a few seconds. "A baby?" she whispers "a real little baby?"

"Mhm"

Everleigh squeals. She claps her hands and begins to wiggle around in Veronica's lap. "A baby! A little baby"

"Yes sweetie" Veronica laughs. She places her hands on her stomach and looks down. "Right here. It's still very very tiny. Probably like the size of a raspberry or a big blueberry"

"That's very tiny" Everleigh says. Her eyes are wide and her hands cover her mouth again.

"But it will grow and in a couple of months it'll be here" Archie smiles. He places his hand on top of Veronica's and kisses her cheek before he lies his head down on her shoulder.